Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
I'm looking for headset recommendations any corporate jet pilots might have. I just began flying the Hawker 800XP and am well overdue a new headset but am not sure which one to get. I'm well aware of the Bose headsets but am looking for additional suggestions.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I have had Telex, David Clark and Bose.
The Telex always had problems and they did not have good customer service.

David Clarks were pretty good and it they will fix anything without question.

Haven't had a problem with the Bose yet, but after wearing them I would spend the extra money in a second for the comfort and sound.

Hope this helps.

I've flown the telex, DC, and Bose QC2/ UFlyMike.

The Telex fell apart after 2 years.

The DC is uncomfortable.

The QC2. UFlyMike is the best I've owned. The only complaint is that the mic can be sensitive.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The "U Fly Mike" is a separate attachment for a headset, right?

Get a Lightspeed Thirty 3g or Thirty 3gp. They are affordable, have great noise canceling, can be worn for 5+ hours and never cause pain, have cell phone/mp3 inputs, dual volume control, flexible boom mic, EQ, cut out feature if listening to music, etc. etc. Best headset for the money IMO. I fly with a Twenty 3g but they are discontinued. Basically a Thirty 3g with slightly less noise canceling capability. You could probably still find them on Ebay.

I use a Bose X and I love it. Extremely quite. More so than the QC2. As far as comfort, I recently retired my vise-clamp Avcomm so anything different is a major step up.

Telex 850 works great.....so far. I switch back to my DC's when I fly the old noisy MU300 but when I'm in the new Beechjet 400XP's with the extra insulation or the XL, the 850's are perfect. They are low profile, durable, and lightweight. I forget they're even on my head!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back