Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8drvr

DC1030F FO
I'm looking to pick up a lighter headset for the longer haul flights, and was looking for suggestions from anyone who has flown the DC-10. So far, I've been told that a single side lighweight headset works well, and that most folks use the hand mike for ATC. Any help is appreciated.

dhc8drvr said:
I'm looking to pick up a lighter headset for the longer haul flights, and was looking for suggestions from anyone who has flown the DC-10. So far, I've been told that a single side lighweight headset works well, and that most folks use the hand mike for ATC. Any help is appreciated.

The single side headset works well unless you are getting hard of hearing like me. The DC10 cockpit is a pleasent place to work in.

You in the August 29th class at omni? Say hi to "stretch" Kitchen for me... You'll figure it out when you get there... Good Luck!

Slightly off topic, but are the Omni DC-10s fitted with FMS equipment? I've seen some DC-10s with updated equipment and others with 70s style...

I use the telex 750. I used it at my previous job. Didn't want to buy another headset.Some guys use the single side headset, some don't. Some use the noise canceling variety. I have seen all kinds. No one wears the DCs. I think you will be surprised how quiet the 10 is.

Welcome aboard.........

I fly a 747 is that close enough? I bought a ANR headset from Radio Shack for fifty bucks. Works like a charm and is very light weight and collapseable. its not a Bose but its also not 500 bucks....

I'd go with the Telex, custom fitted w/ a boom mic for short haul ATC comms. It's comfortable and last a long time. For he long haul, the 10 is very quite and most guys use the speaker and hand mic.

It just says Radio Shack noise canceling on the headset, I already threw the box away. $49.99 and has soft cups that go around your ears which in itself cancels a fair mount of noise (for those times when your AAA battery dies).

Latest resources

Back