• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Headset for the Classic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to stick with my Bose X for my first trip and think about switching to the 750 is it doesn't work out. And it seems that the common thread between most pilots is we are all deaf or going deaf. What?

The QC-2 is a certified TSO part to our headset, part no. HB-200 in the FAA parts manual. Saying the QC-2 is not TSO'd like saying the cordset isn't TSO'd... it's not by itself. it's just a part. Well, it's a TSO certified part.

Here's what you have to have for a TSO'd headset:

1. QC-2
2. UFlyMike Adapter
3. Westone UM1 earbuds

Those 3 parts make up a completely TSO'd headset.

The QC-15 should be TSO'd by Sep. It's a matter of paperwork. Everything else, including testing, is done.

We can retrofit non-TSO'd headsets using the QC-2 beginning in Aug.

A Plantronics MS-50 with a custom earmold is no longer TSO'd, per FAR Part 21, Subpart O. It's a non-approved 3rd party modification. Something to think about... extended exposure to 85 db (a Boeing cockpit) causes hearing loss. How many db do you think you needs to come out of that Plantronics to hear, considering you have to overcome what's coming in the non-earpiece ear? Result, significant hearing loss in the earpiece ear.

If you want media input for you Bose X, check our Stephan Robinson's invention at www.montanamods.com

The QC-2 is a certified TSO part to our headset, part no. HB-200 in the FAA parts manual. Saying the QC-2 is not TSO'd like saying the cordset isn't TSO'd... it's not by itself. it's just a part. Well, it's a TSO certified part.

Here's what you have to have for a TSO'd headset:

1. QC-2
2. UFlyMike Adapter
3. Westone UM1 earbuds

Those 3 parts make up a completely TSO'd headset.

The QC-15 should be TSO'd by Sep. It's a matter of paperwork. Everything else, including testing, is done.

We can retrofit non-TSO'd headsets using the QC-2 beginning in Aug.

A Plantronics MS-50 with a custom earmold is no longer TSO'd, per FAR Part 21, Subpart O. It's a non-approved 3rd party modification. Something to think about... extended exposure to 85 db (a Boeing cockpit) causes hearing loss. How many db do you think you needs to come out of that Plantronics to hear, considering you have to overcome what's coming in the non-earpiece ear? Result, significant hearing loss in the earpiece ear.

If you want media input for you Bose X, check our Stephan Robinson's invention at www.montanamods.com

What? Say again!

Latest resources

Back