Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starvingcfi

CpApAwM
hey, someone made a post about no interest financing for their headset. i've been looking through the threads and i can't find it. anyone know anything about this? the time has come to get rid of the old clamps and grab an ANR.

hope someone's got some info. thanks a lot.

starvingcfi

Depends on how much you want to spend. I know Bose offers it. Lotta money, but for me its been worth it. I can still hear.

0% creditcard

get a new credit card that offers 0% on new purchases and balance transfers. Pay it off over the next several months, then cancel the card.

The Bose credit card deal is no interest until January '05. I saw that offer at the Bose store in the mall. To apply online go here . (Click on "Ways to Shop" if that link doesn't take you to their card application) The online card gives you 12 months no interest. If you want to dodge sales tax and get a slightly lower price on the Bose X, try Gulf Coast Avionics. Gulf Coast is getting $959 vs. $995, no sales tax, but $10 shipping and handling. You'd have to use a non-Bose credit card with them though.

Make sure you get the updated version of the Bose X, with the slender battery/control module, auto-shutoff and AA battery vs. the 9V.

-pj

Last edited:
Bose definately does it - or did about 3 years ago (I haven't heard otherwise). They offered me a choice of 6 or 12 months interest free payments on the Series X headset - probably one of the best purchases I've made in my life. If that's the headset you're considering, consider it to have my full endorsement although that's sort of a different discussion. . .

Other thing to remember about the Bose X is that while the overall comfort and active (ANR) performance is outstanding, the passive absolutely sucks. ALWAYS carry an extra battery (or two) fully charged or you're pretty much back to the stone-age days of the speaker and microphone and earplugs (hopefully you have some with you in the old flight bag), since the passive is virtually worthless.

I would say forget spending a grand on a pair of Bose. If you have a decent pair right now (note "decent") just upgrade them to ANR with the aftermarket kit from ANR-headsets.com They are about $170, I bought them 3 years ago and they have worked flawlessly....you put them in yourself if you can solder and read a simple wiring diagram....or send them out and they'll do it like $20....the noise cancelling is on par with the $$$$DC's, and the Bose.

I agree the headsetinc anr kit rock's. Got it at sun-n-fun over a year ago and it work's great with never a problem.

Latest resources

Back