• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heads up USAIR commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I flew to PIT (after having been based there for almost 2 years), I got a message after block-in to call the ramp tower. Oops, we STILL need to talk to a ramp controller?! I was so shocked by the lack of airplanes on the field, we never called ramp control inbound. Sad to see.
Ha! I got that last year and mine was at 11pm! After we blocked-in ops told us ramp-tower wanted to talk to us. I called them up and she chewed me for not calling her in-bound. Sounds like job justification to me b/c they definitely don't need a ramp control there anymore...especially late at night with ONE airplane moving on the entire airport (tower was working approach, tower, and ground frequencies but they still need a ramp control??)

Had similar experience at night....they ask our position and I said the only aircraft out here with lights on. Could tell they did not like that comment

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I always call them "ramp commander." They may not like it, but they can't beotch that I didn't call before entering/exiting.

Latest resources

Back