Heading to Suriname

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyaLear35

Anyone had any experience going into Suriname (South America)?

We'll be down there for a week, just want to know the lay of the land, so to speak, safety, water, food, what to take, etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I haven't been there for about 4 years, but it probably hasn't changed much. I brought 2 bottles of water for each day I was there. In town (Paramaribo) the food is good, and the drinks are pretty safe IMO. The people that I delt with were very friendly and helpful. Traffic is insane there. I wouldn't venture out alone after dark. I wish I could remember the name of the hotel I stayed at. It was quite nice - clean and comfortable. A week is along time to be there.
Have fun. Lock the airplane and hire a guard. The airport is alot bigger then you would think. 747s come in from Europe once or twice a week and daily flights from Trinidad.
In fact, if the boss lets you (for safety reasons) you should repo to Trinidad for the stay.

lots of bugs humidity, racism, and malaria, in the words of my co-worker who is from there, it "is THE armpit of the world" it is so bad he wont even take his wife there anymore (asthmatic) for fear she would die there!! It sounds like a complete Shithole from many hours of conversation

Thanks for the info - we are getting malaria shots (and other shots too) and visa application is in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back