Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heading to PHX for Ramp Training/What to see and do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DenverDude2002

Ramp Rat
Headin to Phoenix next week for ramp training with America West/US Airways, I have no idea what the schedule is, I know training lasts a week, anyone know where they put ramp trainees up at/if there is any dead time to go do stuff/what kind of stuff there is to see and do?

DenverDude2002 said:
Headin to Phoenix next week for ramp training with America West/US Airways, I have no idea what the schedule is, I know training lasts a week, anyone know where they put ramp trainees up at/if there is any dead time to go do stuff/what kind of stuff there is to see and do?
Go say hi to the sheriff and ask him how come his deputies still got their FEMA certification yanked.

DenverDude2002 said:
Go have dinner with ResumeWriter. She lives next door.

yea Mill Ave is the place to go .... The Big Bang is pretty cool - it's a dueling piano bar. Now, if you like burritos you MUST go to "Filly-B's" it's actually filiburto's (or however you spell it) and get the Arizona Burrito! lit's like $3 and it fills you up!

Best Mexican food is at the Tee-Pee on Indian School just north of the airport west of 44th St.

Mill Av. rocks! Unless you're not into beer and hot chicks...TC

Mill is ok... USED to be the place to be. It is still ok, but not the crowds it used to attract since they enacted the no-smoking-in-bars act. Off mill (but still Tempe is Kacey Moore's (sp) for a good time and lots of beers.
Now, Scottsdale is where the action is. Sugardaddies, Dos Gringos, Barcelona's (bring lots of money), E4 (bring lots of money), Martinii Ranch, Mikey's Hangover, and many more.

Good luck. The selection out here is fantastic.

ah yes, can't forget about Dos Gringos.... off the 101 is it? in scottsdale near the airport.

sky37d said:
Go have dinner with ResumeWriter. She lives next door.

If he can stand having dinner with two kids, then he might have a dinner partner! :)

And if he can't stand kids, slap him around until he does.
Oh, and make him pay.

Latest resources

Back