Head of Flight operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spooky 1 said:
I have not looked at the posting but it could be Georgia Pacific.
If it is Georgia-Pacific, I'd be careful...

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/13/news/fortune500/gpkoch/index.htm
Georgia-Pacific in $13 billion takeover
Paper products maker to be bought out by privately-held Koch Industries.
November 13, 2005: 5:44 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Georgia-Pacific Corp., the maker of Brawny paper towels and Dixie Cups, Sunday said it agreed to be bought by Koch Industries, Inc. for $13.2 billion.

The deal will make the paper and building products maker a privately held, wholly owned Koch subsidiary. It will continue to be based in Atlanta.
The deal, at $48 per GP share, represents a 39 percent premium to Georgia-Pacific (Research) shareholders based on the closing price of its shares on Nov. 11, the company said. Koch will also be assuming Georgia-Pacific debt, bringing the total value of the deal up to $21 billion. The cash tender offer for GP shares will begin November 18.

"This transaction is the most dramatic step yet in Georgia-Pacific's history and its transformation. We are pleased it offers very significant, incremental value to our shareholders, as is warranted by our company's tremendous assets and talented employees," said A.D. "Pete" Correll, Georgia-Pacific chairman and chief executive officer, in a statement.

Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, packaging, paper, building products and related chemicals. With 2004 annual sales of approximately $20 billion, the company employs 55,000 people at more than 300 locations in North America and Europe.

"As a wholly owned Koch subsidiary, (Georgia-Pacific) will benefit from our historical practice of reinvesting up to 90 percent of earnings in our businesses," said Charles G. Koch, chairman and chief executive officer of Koch Industries, also in a statement. "We have extensive experience with cyclical, highly competitive businesses and the ability to commit appropriate resources to enhance the company's assets and pursue a growth agenda."
Koch Industries is based in Wichita, Kan. It owns a diverse group of companies offering products ranging from petroleum, chemicals, energy, fibers, fertilizers, pulp and paper, ranching, securities and finance.

Yea, I had to chuckle at that development. I think Koch has a G1V or V down in Kansas so I would imagine that they would be merging any flight departments, but one can never tell.

Spooky 1 said:
Yea, I had to chuckle at that development. I think Koch has a G1V or V down in Kansas so I would imagine that they would be merging any flight departments, but one can never tell.

From my info Koch has 3 LR45s, 1 DA50, 1 DA2000. Also has several C172's for pipeline patrol.

Latest resources

Back