Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HD and Lowe's 10% discount for current and former military...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

Let me preface this with Home Ripoff and Lowe's usually have regional and national 10% off military discount days at their stores....

That said, be sure to ask your local stores if they offer a military discount year around because I have found out it's up to the store manager's discretion.

I'm familiar with a HD store in North Georgia and a Lowe's store across the border in NC who both offer 10% military discounts year around. I know this for a fact because one of my employees is former Navy and I've spoken with many HD associates on this subject in said HD store.

Now, I passed this intel off to my wife's dad who is a Vietnam Vet and he informed me the metro ATL stores he has been in so far say this discount is only a few days out of the year.

That's understandable because after I talked to a retired Navy guy/dept manager/buddy in my local store he found out it's the manager's discretion as to if he/she wants to make such a discount year around. He said this store's manager is very MIL friendly.

I bring this up because your local HD or Lowe's store might offer a year around MIL discount and you might not know it.

As far as I'm concerned you earned it, so you might ask the next time you are standing in front of a cashier. :beer:

So far I've had great luck with this

Hey everyone, I was turned on to this at my local HD in Northern Va. Also, I've had luck with HD in the ATL region as well. I don't have any amplifying info if it is indeed up to the store manager. HD has been very receptive when I whip out my retired USN ID, by all means give it a try.

In my experience at Lowe's, they have *always* given the 10% discount when I ask for it. This is in Georgia, Oklahoma, Texas, and North Carolina.

Latest resources

Back