• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker to Hawaii?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At the end of the day, the best way to deal with the issue of trying to fly a 2000 nm +/- airplane on a trans-oceanic 2000 nm leg, on a profile like this is to BUY a 3000 nm airplane. End of story.

Sometimes being able to tell the boss in the back...any day, any time, we can do the leg, goes a LONG WAY!

At the end of the day, the best way to deal with the issue of trying to fly a 2000 nm +/- airplane on a trans-oceanic 2000 nm leg, on a profile like this is to BUY a 3000 nm airplane. End of story.

Sometimes being able to tell the boss in the back...any day, any time, we can do the leg, goes a LONG WAY!

Well said...He mentions a Falcon 50 quite often these days. Maybe I'll just push that idea a little harder.

Plus 50s are on sale these days... But then I guess most planes are, but I am amazed at the prices I see straight 50s and even EXs going for.

MT

Plus 50s are on sale these days... But then I guess most planes are, but I am amazed at the prices I see straight 50s and even EXs going for.

MT

Very true, I saw a early serial number 50 for sale a couple of weeks ago for $1.5 million. I realise it is an early serial number, but still, all that performance for one and a half million bucks.

Name another type of aircraft that has Falcon 50 performance, including range, for that kind of money. I can't. The lowest priced 50EX I've seen lately was for under $9 million. But when one reaches that price area, there are other aircraft that can compete with the 50EX.

So for the money, the straight 50 is most likely the best buy out there today.

I can remember back a few years ago, it was hard just to find a Falcon 50 for sale, let alone a 50EX.

Very true, I saw a early serial number 50 for sale a couple of weeks ago for $1.5 million. I realise it is an early serial number, but still, all that performance for one and a half million bucks.

Name another type of aircraft that has Falcon 50 performance, including range, for that kind of money. I can't. The lowest priced 50EX I've seen lately was for under $9 million. But when one reaches that price area, there are other aircraft that can compete with the 50EX.

So for the money, the straight 50 is most likely the best buy out there today.

I can remember back a few years ago, it was hard just to find a Falcon 50 for sale, let alone a 50EX.

If you look at a straight 50, make sure it has the service life extension inspection done.

If you look at a straight 50, make sure it has the service life extension inspection done.

I would think that it would be a given that one would have to spend some money on any straight 50 that would be that early of a serial number. In this case the 50 I am referring to has a steam gauge cockpit, except for the updated FMSs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back