Hawker Part 135 Type Ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Ho

Hey fellas... I have an SIC type in the Hawker. I might be going to SimuFlite for a Part 135 Type ride. How does this compare to a 121 ride? I'm just curious on what to expect.

Thanks!

I believe they are quite similar. You can plan on doing a typical checkride, ie. V1 cuts, multiple approaches (single and two engines), go arounds, holds, aborted T/O, random problems (electrical, hydraulic, etc). Are you going to Simuflite in Dallas?? I've always had great experiences down there. They do all they can to make sure you pass.

Does SimuFlite (or is it Flight Safety?) at PBI have HS125? If so, that's probably where I'll be headed.

Went to Dallas to get my SIC in that damn thing... good times.. good times!

I believe Dallas and Morristown are the only places Simuflite has the HS125 sim. While in recurrent training last month in Dallas they were trying to convince me to work part time in their Morristown facility.

Well I just found out that the stuff that I brought with me on my last trip to study is all Hawker 700 stuff. I will be in the 800A and XP. If anybody has notes, etc from when they wernt through initial, I'd really like to get my hands on some of that stuff. I let my friend borrow my 800 and XP stuff and don't have it available to me before I go to school. I haven't been in the plane for 2 years and I really don't remember a thing.

Thanks!

A type ride is just an ATP ride; same standards, same maneuvers, same requirements. The 135 ride, too. Nothing new.

Latest resources

Back