• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker Parking Brake Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK so the way I now understand the parking brake is like this; When you depress the button and pull the lever past the Emergency Postion, it acts similar to a Hand brake in a car, progressively applying pressure until the last notch is reached ( full aft) when max pressure is applied. Is that about it???

Sorry I didn't get this to you yesterday.

That is pretty much it, and the reason for it is not as exciting as I had hoped.....

When the vendor made the part that is the wheel brake lever assembly, it had the notches between the "EMERGY" and "PARK" positions. The reason? It just did, they serve no purpose.

Even though each progressive "click" adds more pressure, the correct method is to pull it all the way aft because the full aft position is the one that guarantees full parking brake pressure - even though, say, one click makes the 1/2 L/R lights come on.

So the moral of the story is, there are only 3 positions and please try not to pull it to park when you mean to only go to emergency. ;-)

When you depress the button and pull the lever past the Emergency Postion,

Just my personal technique, don't use the button until you are past the Emergency Position. If you get in the habit of doing this, someday when you need to use emergency breaking you will push the button and pull. The brake will go to park and will not stop at the emergency position. As a former sim instructor on the hawker and a current line pilot I have seen many people do this with bad results. Again my personal technique.

For what its worth

CAE teachs the "reverse grip" when using the emergency brake. That way your thumb wont be in position to push the button.

Anyone else have a friendly/handy Hawker tip??

If you walk up to the airplane and it is not leaking fluid be concerned.

Latest resources

Back