Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
Do any of the Hawker 600s have fan engines?
If so I would assume the TFE-731s dash # please -3-3AR?

Thanks

Do any of the Hawker 600s have fan engines?
If so I would assume the TFE-731s dash # please -3-3AR?

Thanks

Used to fly serial number 8 with -3 on it. On the 600 it seems the 731 mod was a popular upgrade, as it basically made the aircraft a 700. And with the average 600F about 1500 pounds lighter than the average 700, it also had much better performance.

Thanks LRvsH25B, they just closed on the plane last night!!!!! I'm moving to Spain!!!!!!!!

1500lbs, that must make the 600 fan Hawker the sports car of Hawkers (I know, it's still a fat slow Hawker). But that's pretty impressive. Any other info I should know, I've only flown 700 series and just as a co-pilot that never went to school for it.

Thank guys.

Thanks LRvsH25B, they just closed on the plane last night!!!!! I'm moving to Spain!!!!!!!!

hope you like Gazpacho and bull fighting. seriously though, try to get out to Palma de Majorca sometime. one of my best trips was out there. good luck with the gig, should be interesting.

Yes the 731 breathed new life in many aircraft models; Jetstar, Westwind, Learjet, Hawker to name a few. The 600 was the first model Hawker to use the 731 and a number more followed before the factory made a few changes to the 600 and voila, the 700 was born.

1500lbs, that must make the 600 fan Hawker the sports car of Hawkers (I know, it's still a fat slow Hawker). But that's pretty impressive. Any other info I should know, I've only flown 700 series and just as a co-pilot that never went to school for it.

Thank guys.
WOW! Spain......Good lck over there. Hopefully, the boss will use it for a few months, then tell you to go find him a low time 800XP! Good luck to you over there. We're all have if you need anything!

Thank guys.

It didn't increase the speed any great deal, but it did increase the altitude performance. The 700 was a mid 30's airplane, I routinely took the 600F to the upper 30's and have had it to 410 several times. What was real nice about it was the fact that we could fill the seats, the baggage compartment full fuel (9200lbs) and still be below structural GW.

The company I worked for at the time upgraded into the Hawker from a LR25. We called the Hawker our 9 minute airplane. For every hour a trip would take in the Lear, the Hawker would take an 1:09.

Have fun with your beast.

Thanks guys. Imagine what, they hit a snag after I was assured "it was a sure thing" It's still in the works, but we'll see. Thanks though.

Latest resources

Back