Hawker Horizon/4000 - Good Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I found a Business & Commercial Aviation mag in an FBO I visited a few days ago and it had a great article about the Hawker 4000 (aka Horizon). Seems like a very capable aircraft with a great avionics suite - Primus Epic cockpit like the E170/190. The article claimed that the Horizon/4000 could depart Aspen on a 90F day and fly with 6 pax to HPN at 0.82 mach, landing at NBAA IFR reserves and also depart Hilton Head on a 91F day and fly 6 pax to SFO at 0.82 mach. Those are some great numbers...

So, do any of the Frax have the Horizon/4000 on order? I would expect that NJA or FLOPS would have some on order. I have even heard that Avantair (the P180 frax) was also considering the Horizon. Clearly the CL300 at Flexjet will give it a good run for its money. I have heard the CL300 also has outstanding performance that matches or exceeds these numbers.

Just wondering if any of the Frax have the Horizon in their future fleet plans... Looks like a great ride.

NJA ordered a bunch of them. i think it was 50 with an option of 50 more.

Diesel said:
NJA ordered a bunch of them. i think it was 50 with an option of 50 more.

Yeah like 7 years ago. Then cancelled order. Then reordered 30 with 20 options. But when the damn thing will ever be certified is the question. In the Dec. 05 AIN the Raytheon CEO has said that it will definatly be fully certifed by the end of the year. Yeah right!! I did see the sim at FSI in ICT. To bad Raytheon cant be like Gulfsteam and certify it ahead of schedule like the G-150.

be-400xpdriver said:
Yeah like 7 years ago. Then cancelled order. Then reordered 30 with 20 options. But when the dang thing will ever be certified is the question. In the Dec. 05 AIN the Raytheon CEO has said that it will definatly be fully certifed by the end of the year. Yeah right!! I did see the sim at FSI in ICT. To bad Raytheon cant be like Gulfsteam and certify it ahead of schedule like the G-150.

This article claimed deliveries to start in early 2006. It did not mention any specific frax customers which was surprising... Looks like NJA will have a stable full of new aircraft types (Horizon, G150, Sovereign, Falcon 2000Easy, etc.) to replace some of the older aircraft like the Ultra, Hawker 1000 and X.

Any idea if FLOPS will also order Horizons/4000s? I haven't seen it mentioned as one of the primary aircraft types - it would probably compete with the Legacy (which I have heard is a dog)...

The Hawker Horizon 4000 is NOT part of FltOps "Go Forward Fleet Plan". We're paring down to 4 types: Hawker 400XP (nee Beechjunk), Hawker XP, Citation X, and the Legacy. The transition is well under way.

"NetJets ordered the eight-passenger Hawker 4000 because of its design and performance, said NetJets chairman Richard Santulli in a statement."

Also because Bombardier told Santulli to get bent when he tried to buy the 300.

Actually not to defend RTS but it was RTS who told Bombardier to get bent on the 300. Bombardier told RTS to get bent the first time when NJA was in the market for a small light jet. Cessna offered to work with him and Bombardier said go screw. So we ended up ordering S-II's.

Remember long before RTS was around the General was flying Lears so there was products on property. RTS does like to make sure his people are taken care of and those that piss him off never get a dime again. First Aviation vs Bombardier.

Latest resources

Back