Hawker Gravel Kit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
falcondriver said:
Has anybody seen or used a gravel kit on a Hawker 800?
I've never seen or heard of one for the Hawker, Lears and Citations yes. You'll see them on some Boeings up in Canada and Alaska. Check the AFM, I bet there's a limitation as to the runway surface required.

'Sled

FD,

I've never seen a gravel kit for the Hawker but the U-125 (military version of the 800) can operate off of gravel so I bet there is a mod out there... whether it carries FAA approval might be a different story.

cc

falcondriver said:
Thanks, I haven't found one yet but still looking.
FD
I'd give the folks at FSI or Simuflite a call. They'd probably know if it had been done before.

'Sled

Hey FD,

I agree w/ 'Sled... those guys know everything it seems. I did a little digging through my notes - you might also see if you can get your hands on SB-57-63, 57-80, 33-56. These were service bulletins for "rough runway" protection. I think they were primarily about protection for the flaps and beacon but they may shed some light on the subject. Sorry I don't have more but I haven't been on the Hawker in awhile.

cc

Last edited:
I flew a DH (pre HS) 125-1A for a few months and remember Flight Safety discussing gravel runway operation having been done, but not anything on modifications. If nothing else, it's got to be tough on cosmetics.

My AFM is in storage, but you've gotten me curious.

Lead Sled, nice avatar.

54tw said:
Lead Sled, nice avatar.

...looks suspiciously like the screen saver in SBA ;)

Latest resources

Back