Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Full tanks and 6 pax/bags - will the winglets allow you to get to FL410 initially (assuming near-standard temps)? If not, how high could one expect initially?

At that initial altitude & weight, what would HSC cruise mach end up being?

Thanks!

Full tanks and 6 pax/bags - will the winglets allow you to get to FL410 initially (assuming near-standard temps)? If not, how high could one expect initially?

At that initial altitude & weight, what would HSC cruise mach end up being?

Thanks!

ISA - yes, at least mach .76

I do not agree. I don't have our performance numbers on my computer, but I think that it would be very tough to depart with full fuel, and ~1,500 lbs of pax/bags and go to FL410, even at ISA. Mach .76 is for certain out of the picture. Perhaps the 900XP can do it, but not the 800XP.

I would guess that if the temps were at ISA (all the way up) and you had the payload mentioned above, when you got to FL410 you would be doing .72 or less. When departing full, I prefer to go to FL390 for a little bit, burn off some gas, and then 30 minutes or so later, go to FL410.

If nobody gets you the info first, I'll send over the actual weights and speeds from API when I am back at the airplane and in front of the charts.

You can do 410 and .76 with that load; we do it all the time. Just don't let it get slow in the climb because it will not accelerate. And yes we have an 800XP! We certainly do not climb or cruise at .72 or less.

You can do 410 and .76 with that load; we do it all the time. Just don't let it get slow in the climb because it will not accelerate. And yes we have an 800XP! We certainly do not climb or cruise at .72 or less.

I've obtained access to the cruise data for the Hawker 800XP w/ API winglets. This information is coming straight from API's 800XP2 Crew Manual.

Our BOW is 16,500. The airplane carries 10,000 lbs of fuel. For six pax, I'll assume 1,500 lbs total, including their bags. This will put the airplane at 28,000 lbs, which is MTOW. Fuel burn at TOC is usually about 1,000 lbs, so you'll weigh roughly 27,000 lbs at TOC.

At ISA, using the high speed cruise numbers, the heaviest that you can be at 41,000 is 24,000 lbs. This will result in a TAS of 419 knots. If you were 22,000 lbs, your TAS would increase to 432 knots.

At ISA, using the high speed cruise numbers, the heaviest that you can be at 39,000 feet is 27,000 lbs. This will result in a TAS of 417 knots. At 26,000 lbs your TAS increases to 424 knots, and at 24,000 lbs you're up to 434 knots.

At ISA, using the high speed cruise numbers, the heaviest that you can be at 37,000 feet is 27,000 lbs (charts don't go any heavier since you can't get there heavier due to MTOW). This will result in a TAS of 435 knots. At 26,000 lbs your TAS increases to 438 knots, and at 24,000 lbs you're up to 443 knots.

To those that claim that they're departing at MTOW and climbing straight to FL410, then doing Mach .76 when they get there, how are you doing it? Are you setting power per the charts, or using 100% N1 all the time? Also, what climb speeds are you using?

Let me know if you need any other info BoilerUp.

Latest resources

Back