• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawker 800A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't shoot the messenger. Just an example for numbers sake. I usually do 200# per male and 140# per female. I know most of our pax and can get really close. As for your BOW, we have the current w/b and a worksheet that we have used to figure a typical BOW (with non-McDonalds eating pilots) so our 15500 -16000 is very accurate. There are always miscellaneous things that can add 20, 40 or 50# but if you're worrying about 50# you're probably overloaded and stuffed out the door anyway.

As with most aircraft the owners/passengers will always bring enough bags for the next higher category of business jet. We have a great standing with FedEx for all of the bags we have to ship to SDL/PHX area. You'd think they'd learn. My bag always makes it to the destination, though!

Put winglets on our 800A about a year ago. Second-segment out of SDL most noticeable improvement. Life's been easy for us, typical load 1 pax, sometimes 2 or 3, rarely full. Longest leg PNE-PDX at 6.2 in the winter, ldg w/ 1500 lbs. SDL-ANC never a problem. Toyed with Hawaii but never did it. Slow, underpowered and to reitirate the previous post, underpowered. Serves our purpose, though.

Some are trying to say once you put winglets on a 800A, it will out perform or perform as well an XP. I am not buying that it will out perform, maybe perform close to an XP. I just do not buy that putting a winglet on it will make up for the under power of the engine.

Anyone know if it compares to an XP once the winglets are on it?

I saw an 800 with winglets in Hawaii two days ago. (Kona, Hawaii) Im pretty sure it wasn't an XP. Don't the XPs have that funny looking "vortex generator" under the wing that sticks out a bit? If so, the plane a saw was not an XP.

Well I can match your time, within a few minutes, by going fast and making a fuel stop. Plus that gives the crew a chance to get out and stretch their legs.

I vote for comfort.

I did't say the crew cares about range, I said the owner and the one who makes the decisions to purchase an aircraft cares about range. My experience is that even if it only saves a little time owners would much rather not make a stop. If you stop you are burning significantly more fuel and adding a landing and cycle to the engines and apu.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back