Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

p3hawk

Same as it ever was
In the August issue of B&CA magazine, there was an article about how well the hawker 800 fleet is doing in both used and new market. Are any of those aircraft finding there way into the Orlando,Tampa area?

Lots of us looking.... :D All I know about is....

At ORL there is an 800A and two 400FANs....

At MCO there is an 800A and 800XP at one hangar, and another 800XP based at Galaxy, but I've never been able to find out who owns it(according to a line guy a few months back, it flies about twice a week, day trips usually)...

At TPA there are several 800A's and 800XP's operated by charter and management companies. The charter operator is a decent one...but probably not anything you'd be interested in(lots more work, maybe a little more money)..and the management company pays about 25%(that's right....25% of, NOT 25% more than) of NBAA averages.

PM me if you want any specifics on any of them...

If anybody knows of any corporate job openings in the Orlando area(or within about 100 miles), please either post it here or PM me.

Hey FracCapt, yea, I know about southern air in Tampa, started to do some contract work for them, and interviewed with Mitch. starting salary for 800xp 50,-55,000yr. no thanks. and no bene's. Only 350-375 per day also. needless to say I declined.

p3hawk said:
starting salary for 800xp 50,-55,000yr. no thanks. and no bene's. Only 350-375 per day also. needless to say I declined.

That's actually significantly higher pay than I've heard from some of the guys that have worked there. I guess maybe they're finally starting to realize if they want to get/keep guys with decent experience, they have to pay better....but they haven't come to full realization yet, I guess. Just another one of the companies that lowers the bar for the industry. Unfortunately, most of them seem to be located in Florida.

Latest resources

Back