• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian Settles With Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did it get this far without one of these.

MESA SUCKS!!!!!!

D@mnit! You beat me!

Well you actually beat me by qute a while but still...

MESA SUCKS!!!
Except the pilots, my heart goes out to you guys! Fight the good fight my dawgs!

Just remember everyone - the original court award to HA was $80M. The extra $10M in the bond was just in case we won further awards, which probably wasn't likely given everyone's wish to speed this up. So we ended up actually getting $27.5M less than the award, but it still means that Mesa got a $52.2M kick in the crotch, and that's nothing they will be laughing about. Getting that $37.5M back into circulation means that they can pay off the bonds, but they still haven't done anything about the massive blood loss they're facing each and every day. It just puts off the inevetible a little longer. (Maybe long enough so they can face Aloha at trial this fall). :D

My guess is that although we had well over $100M in unrestricted cash on hand, our management thought the extra 50+ would come in handy since we are trying to expand the fleet.

At today's investor conference call, our management said that we should be announcing additional interisland aircraft shortly, and that we have signed a LOI for at least one more 767-300ER. That means growth & hiring. :) (it's about time!)

HAL

HAL is right, smart move on Hawaiian's part. $52 mil now rather than pay lawyers and fight in court for who knows how long. Hawaiian is in major expansion mode, trans-pac and inter-island. Now is the time to put the Mesa cash to work.
THANK YOU Mr. Ornstein!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back