Hawaiian Air hiring forecast

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm another guy here really interested in working for Hawaiian--

Do the guys who usually get picked up typically have a tie to the islands? For example, born there, lived there, have family there, etc. I wonder if it's hard to get on at Hawaiian if you've spent your whole life on the mainland.

R/ Maui Jim

Well, if you look at Jonjuans post you can get a good idea why Hawaiian likes people that live or have ties to Hawaii. There are some people from the mainland that just don't fit in over here (and a lot that do). I saw another example of some AK guy on another Hawaiian thread trying to stir up something by talking about "AK buying Hawaiian" I'm sure he doesn't realize his almost pathologically ignorant perception of Hawaii that his post so aptly demonstrated in ways he had no clue about.
Having Hawaii ties definitely helps, but we have many that didn't and they fit in just fine here. They really are hiring from all manner of backgrounds and ages. My feeling is it has been frustrating for some because they have so many highly qualified pilots applying and obviously they can't hire them all. But I will say the pilots they have been hiring have been just outstanding as pilots and people.

Latest resources

Back