Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
Although I know that Hawaiian has several new planes on order, I don't know if this is pure growth or replacement orders. Does anyone who works there know what Hawaiian's hiring plans are in the near term?

Also, out of basic curiosity, is HNL the only Hawaiian domicile or do pilots live on other islands and get deadheaded to HNL?

Thanks.

Some A330s are growth and some will be 767 replacements. The 767s will be around for a long time. We just hired 13 and there will be some more hiring soon with the new Inchon flying. How much and when only management knows. The bid has not come out yet.

HNL is the primary domicile for all aircraft. There is a small SEA domicile for the 767. Guys that live on islands other than Oahu have to commute on their own. We have a lot of pilots that commute interisland and from the mainland.

Near as I can tell, they just interviewed 100 for about 30-35 positions. Those that went to the second day or had already done the second day are likely to be hired or in a pool for the rest of 2010. I'm guessing that was it for 2010. I'm also guessing that, as Jim said, they will be keeping most of the 767's and as more A330's come on line, there will be more hiring.

I just heard that we had 1500+ applications submitted the last time they opened the window.

Hey All,
I had an impromptu meet and greet with the CP last Wed. to hear what he had to say about the hiring forecast. I am just trying to get the interview and figured that showing my face couldn't hurt my odds. If any HAL drivers have any additional info please PM me. Thanks
Andrew

Hey All,
I had an impromptu meet and greet with the CP last Wed. to hear what he had to say about the hiring forecast. I am just trying to get the interview and figured that showing my face couldn't hurt my odds. If any HAL drivers have any additional info please PM me. Thanks
Andrew

well, what did he say?

Hey All,
Andrew

Did you say "Thanks, bra, gonna go watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter now?"

Latest resources

Back