Hawaii in a X...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NW Flyer

So, our flight department is considering a Citation X. One typical mission would be from Seattle to Hawaii.

Can any of you seasoned "ten" guys (or gals) give me some insight on this trip?
---Are we going to run into a wet footprint?
---Will we have to run down to Cali for a fuel stop?
---Should we be looking for something else?

You should ask the guys at NetJets. They fly over there all the time but have very strict rules of when they can or cannot. I can guarentee that no one there will fly with a wet footprint.

X

Flew to Hawaii with out any problem from Sacramento, just crew, flew back with 3 pax, normal bags, landed in SFO, and upon touch down, the guy in the back advises us in a bit of a panic that he wanted to go to San Jose. Taxed back out did a tower to tower after the tower had closed in San Jose, landed with 1800 lbs, so I think it would work well for you, but there is always the occasion when winds will :eek: :rolleyes: stop your crossing. This would not be a very high percentage on that route though. By the way ,the paper work said SFO, so we did make the mistake in not confirming it with the passenger.

...landed in SFO, and upon touch down, the guy in the back advises us in a bit of a panic that he wanted to go to San Jose.
As the knucklehead sat there for 4 hours with the airshow staring him in the face saying "ETA in San Fransisco: X:XX" :smash:

Thanks Xman for your input.

G100, sorry, Falcon is not an option (don't ask...).

Any more words of wisdom out there? I hope so!

Aw, common I love a great story!

Lemme guess, he hates the French or he "thinks" 3 engines cost to much to support? :)

Honestly, I don't know the whole story. Suffice it to say, we are not shopping for a French airplane.

Hey, it's HIS money, right?

We had a fleet of 5 X's at my last outfit which I flew on, and we never did Hawaii because it was simply too risky.. Our Falcon 2000, and EMB Legacies however did them frequently.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back