Having "fun at work".

radiofly er

Total Time
I believe most of the american airlines are now hiring pilots by their "having fun at work" motto. Well, lucky for other airlines, the America West pilots were the only ones having fun that day.

Does anybody know why these pilots got hired in the first place?

radiofly er

Total Time
An American West flight about to takeoff was called back to the gate by the tower. At the gate police officers were waiting, administered alcohol tests to the pilots. It appears, that one screener smelled alcohol,not coffee on one of the pilots. The results were positive. In times like these, and in any times specially, we have to be carefull about our jobs. These pilots will never get hired again, I just think this could have been prevented by the company in some way or another, or maybe the word is getting around, that pilots are having to much fun on the job.

Slug, you better get that checked.

popilot78

Total Time
I'm sure they are not having fun now. what a wasted career.

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
Total Time
Isnt one or two of those NorthWest guys still working?

xhercdriver

Total Time
The NWA Capt who went to prison was eventually pardoned, rehired by NWA, re-upgraded to Capt, and (I think) he's retired now. If you get a chance to see his whole story (there was a 20/20 or 60 Minutes segment on him) it's actually kind of inspirational...

SpiderMan

Total Time
>1
Wasnt he also pardoned by kliton? Now thats inspirational!

viking737

Total Time
The FE in the NW Fargo incident got hired by AA (American Airlines, not the other AA).

Kjet

Total Time
I have heard that NW captain retired as a 747 Captain.