Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
Have you ever heard of a violation or repremand being given for going faster than 250kts below 10000?

bell47 said:
Have you ever heard of a violation or repremand being given for going faster than 250kts below 10000?

I got a reprimand at KPIT for exceeding in the TCA (old times) and had to talk to the FAA who turned up at my destination! c.1991. I'll check my logbooks.

ATL will spank you for exceeding 200 kt. in the underlying airspace below the Class B.

To answer the original question, no.

I remember when I was flying freight the FAA called our company trying to locate the crew of a Lear 25 that had done so going into ORD, and had created some kind of a traffic conflict (it wasn't one of ours; somehow they got their operators confused). This was about 6-7 years ago.

It's like any other situation. You're probably never going to hear anything about it unless the action contributes to a situation in which there was a loss of separation. If that's the case you can count on a call.

bell47 said:
You would really have to be going well over 250 to get caught doing that. Remember, it's 250KIAS, not 250 across the ground. I've been given a turn for overtaking traffic at 8K and I was doing 250. One of Ford's GVs blew by me like I was standing still. Couldn't believe it.

new technology --- transponders

The new airplanes -- G450 G550 will encode IAS for ATC along with other data...

fokkerjet--I love your tag line--27,000'. :D Non-RSVM, I assume? :D

h25b--I love your signature. I've tried so hard to get called a m****rf**ker and it's just not working out. :( ;) TC

Latest resources

Back