Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
Have you ever had an interview, after which you've decided the company in question doesn't fit your goals. And after you turn down the offer, the recruiter proceeds to give you his/her opinion as to why it was wrong of you to waste their time or your procedures for notifying them were were outside of professional courtesy guidelines? Where do these people get off? I think some recruiters, no matter how professional you are with them, feel that since they are offering you the job, you are obligated to take it. Anybody else have these experiences?

The problem is, is that human resource types have gained way too much power and influence in many companies. They have expanded their job description to influence too many other departments. The days of chief pilots and line pilots doing hiring are slipping away.

Professional courtesy guidelines and airline recruiters is an oxymoron. Just do what they do when they reject a pilot, wait 4 weeks, send them some meaningless form letter, and tell them they can be reconsidered in a year.

Had a Air Midwest call me yesterday and offer me an interview with the company. I explained to him that I have been at another airline for the last 4 months. His response "Obviously a good choice! Have a nice day!"

And unfortunately the companies in question are putting their reputation on the line with these people. I had a lady tell me, after I politely declined the position, that they were having doubts ANYWAY and were preparing to rescind my offer of employment, so it worked out amicably for both parties! At the time, I can remember thinking, "Did I apply to the 1st grade or something?!?"

I had a lady tell me, after I politely declined the position, that they were having doubts ANYWAY and were preparing to rescind my offer of employment, so it worked out amicably for both parties! At the time, I can remember thinking, "Did I apply to the 1st grade or something?!?"

LOL, that's just funny. If you don't mind screwing with their reputation, which airline are you speaking of?

You really should send, her specifically, a rejection letter. "Thank you for letting me interview your company. Unfortunately, I have found a more qualified airline." :beer:

Had a Air Midwest call me yesterday and offer me an interview with the company. I explained to him that I have been at another airline for the last 4 months. His response "Obviously a good choice! Have a nice day!"

Same thing happened to me when i was in training here at XJT. Great Lakes called i respectively declined the offer.

And unfortunately the companies in question are putting their reputation on the line with these people. I had a lady tell me, after I politely declined the position, that they were having doubts ANYWAY and were preparing to rescind my offer of employment, so it worked out amicably for both parties! At the time, I can remember thinking, "Did I apply to the 1st grade or something?!?"

Thats when you reply "(insert her name here) aren't you the one that everyone on flightinfo.com is talking about? Why do they call you "finger cuffs" again?"

Have you ever had an interview, after which you've decided the company in question doesn't fit your goals. And after you turn down the offer, the recruiter proceeds to give you his/her opinion as to why it was wrong of you to waste their time or your procedures for notifying them were were outside of professional courtesy guidelines? Where do these people get off? I think some recruiters, no matter how professional you are with them, feel that since they are offering you the job, you are obligated to take it. Anybody else have these experiences?
You wouldn't still happen to have that email you had from the girl at that PFT operation, flying night cargo in Comanders, do you? When you told her and her family owned operation is loaded with scum bags, and are the down fall of the industry.
that was good stuff.

Latest resources

Back