Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwings402

Hi all,

I have like 2200 tt 250 me previous 135 ATP CFI-I MEI. However I have'nt had a flying job for about a year, as I got sick and left my 135 job. Now that I'm getting better I'm considering go at it again. I do a little free lance instructing but thats about it, what should I do? What regionals will take me? ASA? xjet? Who?

Thanks

hotwings402 said:
Hi all,

I have like 2200 tt 250 me previous 135 ATP CFI-I MEI. However I have'nt had a flying job for about a year, as I got sick and left my 135 job. Now that I'm getting better I'm considering go at it again. I do a little free lance instructing but thats about it, what should I do? What regionals will take me? ASA? xjet? Who?

Thanks

Don't worry about it. The Fact that your still keeping current by doing some part time instructing should get you an interview. Not to mention the 135 time you have. Most regionals are Hiring kids with anywhere from 600-1200hrs total with 100-200 multi and with little to no experience.

If it makes you feel better, I got out of the flying business full time for 6yrs in the mid 90's when you had to pay for training and no one was hiring. I did some part time instructing and charter to keep my hand in it. Today I fly for a regional airline. If they need you, you will get in. You should apply at Chautaquaairlines.com

They are currently hiring people to fly EMB170's for Shuttle America. Your time should get you an interview. The Companies of Republic Airways Holdings are growing FAST!!

Good Luck!!!!!

Regions hiring like crazy

Hey man,
I think you shouldn't have mych trouble find a regional who would hire you. IN my ALPA monthly magazine they have the hiring numbers in the back and whithin the past year more pilots were hired in June than any other month in the past year, and well before that I'm sure. I believe the statistics included major airlines too. (anyone feel free to correct me on stats, I don't have my magazine here with me). I'd put my stuff in as many places as possible. Eagle is hiring or putting into pools right now, from the sound of things Skywest is hiring, CHQ maybe too. Don't lose heart. Welcome back the flying public. Keep up the work.

Latest resources

Back