Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9GClub

From CNN.com......

VENTURA, California (AP) -- A teacher who kept a 40 mm shell on his desk as a paperweight blew off part of his hand when he apparently used the object to try to squash a bug, authorities say.
The 5-inch-long shell exploded Monday while Robert Colla was teaching 20 to 25 students at an adult education class. Part of Colla's right hand was severed and he suffered severe burns and minor shrapnel wounds to his forearms and torso, fire Capt. Tom Weinell said. No one else was injured. He was reported in stable condition at a hospital. The teacher slammed the shell down in an attempt to kill something that was buzzing or crawling across the desk, said Fire Marshal Glen Albright. Colla found the 40 mm round while hunting years ago and "obviously he didn't think the round was live," said Dennis Huston, who teaches computer design alongside Colla.

Man thats almost as bad as the DEA agent who shot himself while teaching gun safety to kids. At least this guy was teaching adults, can you imagine the reaction a classroom full of third graders would have gotten?

epic! said:
hahahahahahahaha. i feel bad for the guy but hahahahahaha
That's your typical pro-gun Democrat for ya. (the teacher, I mean)

mcjohn said:
No because he didn't die. Must die to get darwin award.
That still must have been a real shock to see. He's lucky that was an old stale one...new ones have a kill radius measured in meters.

I'll bet it was just the propelent blowing the hell out of the base of the round...he's lucky.

Reminds me of my High School science teacher, who upon coming to class says "hey check this out, I invented some new gun powder" and proceeded to add then mix the ingredents with one of those little club shaped mixer things. Then after a few seconds of grinding this stuff really hard......POOF....he then proceeds to jump and hop around the room wildly flinging his hand in the air, all the while proclaiming something like....sh#t, Sh$t.

:uzi: Did he kill the bug??:smash:

Latest resources

Back