• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has the Skywest ship sailed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
McNugent, you sir, are admirable for giving a positive review on an airline that you mock with your avatar.

How long would a a newhire expect to sit on reserve. Also, what are the odds of someone with 121 jet time getting on the RJ? I don't have SJS..just curious for domicile reasons.

Depends on the base. It will atleast be several months to a year.

Getting awarded the RJ these days isn't based on your prior experience. It's simply timing. Most new hires are getting the jet. I flew with a F.O. recently who had only flight instructor experience and was originally hired for the Brasilia. They called him later and told him he's going to be going into jet class now but he was hesitant thinking it was beyond his experience. They told him if you want a job you will show up for the jet class. Of course he showed up and jet training wasn't as hard as he thought it would be.

the jet is leaps and bounds easier than any turboprop... what youve done before means nothing to them.. they want to know if you can learn systems and know instrument procedures.

What? Normal staffing? Not on the bro. I.E. 67 Fresno capts and 67 lines in march. No reserve lines. I would think this ship hasn't sailed.

Regional growth is pretty much over. SkyWest may get some growth this year due to Mesa losing UAL flying, but that would be divided among other UAL Express carriers as well. The 1 year upgrade is over. If you're gonna be at a regional for a long time, SkyWest is a good one to be at

Here is my observation of the posts thus far. I find it reassuring that none of the responses to a thoughtful question have been anything but thoughtful.

When speculation was cast on the board about other airlines you get responses like:
- Wouldn't you just love to see us die and put thousands of hard working loyal people out of work
- I bet you're waiting for that day aren't you, kool-aid drinker!
- We'd have the best numbers around if it weren't for management getting in the way of their own feet.

I see what has been posted as reflective of a quality place to work (comparitively) where folks have confidence in the organization - both workers and management.

SkyWest Inc.

Considering SkyWest Inc. has close to a Billion in the bank, I think the title to the thread is pretty innaccurate. Unless the author is referring to upgrades? SkyWest Inc. is quite possibly in the best position in the Airline Industry. Well, let's say the Regional Airline Industry. Southwest has 2 Billion in the bank.....With all that money you can wait out all the others, watch them die (while you bleed a little), then recover. It's a good position to be in, period.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back