• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has the Skywest ship sailed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whose talking about pay? Would you rather fly a C152 or a C182?

I guess those who don't have trust fund or mommy and daddy to pay the bills are talking about pay. I bet you also bitch age discrimination because you cannot upgrade before your 23 birthday.

I guess those who don't have trust fund or mommy and daddy to pay the bills are talking about pay. I bet you also bitch age discrimination because you cannot upgrade before your 23 birthday.

haha you have me all wrong buddy. I'm 27 with a lot of debt like everyone else. Upgrade is pretty quick from what I hear at Republic. Flying a 145 compared to a 170 is like going from a 152 to a 182 was all my point. Who wouldn't want to make that transition? Quit starting drama that is what chicks are for. Grow a pair.

Regarding the original post, that question has been asked of many airlines, including legacy carriers. Slow downs don't mean the company is imploding. I think SkyWest Inc (and its subs) as well as Republic (and its subs) are the best positioned regionals in today's contracting market.

Regarding the original post, that question has been asked of many airlines, including legacy carriers. Slow downs don't mean the company is imploding. I think SkyWest Inc (and its subs) as well as Republic (and its subs) are the best positioned regionals in today's contracting market.

I wouldn't think Skywest/ASA is in the greatest position right now with all the 50 seaters we have (246 between the two). I'm not up on Delta's scope restrictions as far as converting the 50's to 70's or 76 seaters, but I'm sure there're a limited number of airframe swaps that could be done.

Skywest may have inked a nice deal with Delta for maintaining a certain percentage of flying, but what's to happen if/when Delta decides it would just be better to buy out the contract because we are so in-efficient?

Not to sound all doom and gloom, I'd just like to hear why you think we are positioned so well compared to others.

haha you have me all wrong buddy. I'm 27 with a lot of debt like everyone else. Upgrade is pretty quick from what I hear at Republic. Flying a 145 compared to a 170 is like going from a 152 to a 182 was all my point. Who wouldn't want to make that transition? Quit starting drama that is what chicks are for. Grow a pair.

Ooops, I didn't read it that way. Sounded like SJS. Bigger/better no matter what the pay. You did laugh, so you understand what I'm saying.

I am just getting sick of flying with FOs that bitch about not being able to upgrade in 6 months, are pissed that they have to fly the CRJ200 instead of the CRJ700 cuz the 700 is cooler, and that first year pay sucks. Then go on to tell me about their $25,000 Harley's, new car and family beach house.

Bill ask about how many hours reserve pilots can expect a month. Then compare it to your 121 gig. I think your nuts. Look at Republic first in my opinion if your going to jump ship. I hear chances with Shuttle is pretty good right now. E170 would be bad ass.

You'll make more money on reserve then holding a line. Credited over 105hrs for Feb, march line awarded 77hrs. I'll take a pay cut not to sit around the airport all day.

I am just getting sick of flying with FOs that bitch about not being able to upgrade in 6 months, are pissed that they have to fly the CRJ200 instead of the CRJ700 cuz the 700 is cooler, and that first year pay sucks. Then go on to tell me about their $25,000 Harley's, new car and family beach house.

And when the bottom falls out they're standing there, crying holding their "sack", saying what happened.

Latest resources

Back