• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

has the bleeding stopped at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe in the current vacancy, the most junior CA is 11/02. We're hoping to get to the checkride before the other shoe drops!

Be careful what you ask for... if you get the ride done and then are displaced, then you have to do ground school and checkride again back to the right seat and again when you go back to the left. After 3 years in the left seat I was displaced and didn't want to go to GSO or JFK. So went to the 70 FO for a month and then back to the left of the 50. Should have stayed in the right seat. CVG Reserve since 2003. Yes - going on 4-1/2 years on reserve plus 18 months as an FO on reserve. Ain't Comair grand?

Be careful what you ask for... if you get the ride done and then are displaced, then you have to do ground school and checkride again back to the right seat and again when you go back to the left. After 3 years in the left seat I was displaced and didn't want to go to GSO or JFK. So went to the 70 FO for a month and then back to the left of the 50. Should have stayed in the right seat. CVG Reserve since 2003. Yes - going on 4-1/2 years on reserve plus 18 months as an FO on reserve. Ain't Comair grand?
at least you get the ATP paid for and then you can move on otherwise it's out of pocket. Unfortunately too many places are requiring an ATP when there are four to five thousand hour FOs out with no PIC.

At least I'll have the type and ATP at company expense! Then, several other opportunities beome available should I decide this place is no longer for me.

At least I'll have the type and ATP at company expense! Then, several other opportunities beome available should I decide this place is no longer for me.
beat me to it. One day someone will want us.

I think John Trask up in Presque Isle is probably getting excited about the potential applicants he will receive from disgruntled regional FO's that want to move on.

Latest resources

Back