Has Spirit gone on strike or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deadline is 5am

I take it you're not a Spirit pilot. Easier said than done my friend. I would hope things get settled and the Spirit pilots can work tomorrow with a TA in hand. I guess we'll see.

No I am not, however buying into any delay past the deadline plays into mgts hands. They have had over 3 years to make a fair offer and have offered nothing, but paycuts and insults. Now at the 11th hour they are playing baby games to stall. If Spirit pilots were officially on strike right now they hold the upper hand. Right now mgt has called their bluff!

No I am not, however buying into any delay past the deadline plays into mgts hands. They have had over 3 years to make a fair offer and have offered nothing, but paycuts and insults. Now at the 11th hour they are playing baby games to stall. If Spirit pilots were officially on strike right now they hold the upper hand. Right now mgt has called their bluff!

what he said

what he said

Sometimes I get things right. From my take the NMB requested the MEC extend at 1201 which they did. Now the NMB has extended the deadline to 5am. Buy agreeing at 1201 the MEC let mgt call their bluff and lost the upperhand. They should be on strike right now holding all the cards! That way if mgt wants their planes to move they get on their knees and offer a good contract.

Sometimes I get things right. From my take the NMB requested the MEC extend at 1201 which they did. Now the NMB has extended the deadline to 5am. Buy agreeing at 1201 the MEC let mgt call their bluff and lost the upperhand. They should be on strike right now holding all the cards! That way if mgt wants their planes to move they get on their knees and offer a good contract.

there's no planes moving anyways. 25% of their flights were canceled Friday including everything after 8pm and all flights for the weekend have been canceled already.

there's no planes moving anyways. 25% of their flights were canceled Friday including everything after 8pm and all flights for the weekend have been canceled already.

There are some airborne as we speak. However that is not the point here. The point is the MEC just blinked! They have support of the entire industry, every pilot, but most important VPs from every 121 supplimental charter that could have filled in refused. They stood behind their pilots not flying struck work.

These are the very same delay and stall tactics the likes of Lorenzo used to!

Good job guys!! Keep talking, do not let management dictate your ethics. Management is clearly childish, you represent your profession well. Your patience and endurance is a great lesson for all of us.

Cheersf

It is quiet! To quiet!

Latest resources

Back