Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Pinnacle started hiring street captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what's the latest...

i'm looking for a quick upgrade, are new hires with the time spending 100 hours in the right seat? they've called me to interivew.

i'm looking for a quick upgrade, are new hires with the time spending 100 hours in the right seat? they've called me to interivew.

With upgrade classes starting after the holidays now, upgrade went quite a bit more senior. If they hire you, you have to complete FO ground school, FO sim and checkride, FO loft, FO IOE, then fly 100 hours right seat, then bid or go to upgrade training, pass all of it, pass captian IOE, Pass fed ride, THEN and only then will you get anything more than 20.79 dollars per hour.

Will be 4-6 months minimum.

I don't know if you know this, but we just took a strike vote here. 99.39% of pilots voted in favor of a strike. You DO NOT want to come here. This place is a POS and our mismanagement has there head in their a$$es. No contract anytime soon, and they continue to violate the one we have. Plus our management seems hell bent on growing our Alter Ego airline instead of our own.

Mesaba is hiring street captains with Capt pay right from the start. Same bases, better future.

Go to Mesaba, seriously.

You might want to try another airline with quick upgrades. Pinnacle's failure rate for "street captains" has been well over 50%. The training here is absolutely horrendous. Nobody will teach you more than the "basics" in school, and then you get to your oral, checkride, and oe, and those check airmen will expect you to know EVERYTHING to the T, some of which you will not even see in training (nw performance, winter ops procedures, etc.). These check airmen are expecting more and more out of the upgrades here as the new fos / new dispatchers / etc come in with less experience and worse training.

What I'm saying is, you can expect to come out of PCL with at LEAST one training failure. The quick upgrade is not worth having that on your permanent record.

Latest resources

Back