Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has "Cash For Clunkers" Helped the On-Demand World Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are 5 Toyota manufacturing plants in the US.
Who cares how many plants Toyota(etc) has here???

The MONEY still goes overseas, which is part of the problem. The Japanese have the average US customer(as in dumbass) duped into thinking they aren't hurting our economy by providing a few token(as in underpaid, non-union) jobs. Meanwhile, they've drastically cut their shipping expenses by building cars here.

5 measly plants does not come close to mitigating the damage done to the US auto industry by their unfair practices. In case you missed it...the US auto industry is a big part of our economic backbone.

Not out of a job yet? Buy another Toyota and you will be soon.

Who cares how many plants Toyota(etc) has here???

The MONEY still goes overseas, which is part of the problem. The Japanese have the average US customer(as in dumbass) duped into thinking they aren't hurting our economy by providing a few token(as in underpaid, non-union) jobs. Meanwhile, they've drastically cut their shipping expenses by building cars here.

Underpaid? Actually, the significant number of jobs provided by Toyota manufacturing in the US actually pays more than the wages negotiated by the UAW crooks.

I am generally pro union.......when it is wanted and needed. Toyota treats their assembly workers very well and they generally aren't interested in unionization, especially by the UAW.

5 measly plants does not come close to mitigating the damage done to the US auto industry by their unfair practices. In case you missed it...the US auto industry is a big part of our economic backbone.

Not out of a job yet? Buy another Toyota and you will be soon.

Unfair? Please explain exactly these unfair practices. Otherwise, cease and desist the victim mentality BS. The US auto industry and the UAW crooks has been digging their own grave for years....in case you missed it:rolleyes:. Any shred of success has come from the US auto industry adopting Japanese and European design, engineering and production philosophies.

As for buying another Toyota (or Honda) automobile that is made in the USA, I don't own one now but, I can see doing that in the future. They clearly make a better product.

Last edited:
US automobiles

Underpaid? Actually, the significant number of jobs provided by Toyota manufacturing in the US actually pays more than the wages negotiated by the UAW crooks.

I am generally pro union.......when it is wanted and needed. Toyota treats their assembly workers very well and they generally aren't interested in unionization, especially by the UAW.

Unfair? Please explain exactly these unfair practices. Otherwise, cease and desist the victim mentality BS. The US auto industry and the UAW crooks has been digging their own grave for years....in case you missed it:rolleyes:. Any shred of success has come from the US auto industry adopting Japanese and European design, engineering and production philosophies.

As for buying another Toyota (or Honda) automobile that is made in the USA, I don't own one now but, I can see doing that in the future. They clearly make a better product.

I totally agree with everything except your statment that a Toyota or Honda is clearly a better car. They used to be but take a ride in a Pontiac G8 or a Chevy Malibu, Implala or any Buick and that Honda will feel like a tin can. I just bought a G8 and its a great car, my buddy bought a honda for more $$ and the G8 is a better car (looks, especially interior and ride) we both agree.

I totally agree with everything except your statment that a Toyota or Honda is clearly a better car. They used to be but take a ride in a Pontiac G8 or a Chevy Malibu, Implala or any Buick and that Honda will feel like a tin can. I just bought a G8 and its a great car, my buddy bought a honda for more $$ and the G8 is a better car (looks, especially interior and ride) we both agree.

That's a funny coincidence, my wife is trading in 3 year old Malibu and looked at a new one. We also test drove an Accord and was much more impressed with the Honda for the ride, overall fit and finish and styling. Not to mention, Consumer Reports and JD Power places the Accord over any GM, Chrysler or Ford cars and overall. So, we will be buying the Accord this weekend. To each their own.

Just a note; I once rented a G6 for a week and I was impressed, especially when comparing to GM products of the past. However, I'm much more impressed with Toyotas and Hondas.

Recalling

USA Jet is calling back DA-20 pilots and putting more planes back in the air due to increased demand.

Last edited:
USA Jet is calling back DA-20 pilots and putting more planes back in the air due to increased demand.

I thought that USA JET was out of the Falcon biz because they cost to much to operate. Looks like another poor decision made by a management (when they parked the Falcons) They did not listen to what the employee's were saying all along. This is what is wrong with USA JET, they always change their minds after the fact. Sad!!!:(

Latest resources

Back