Has anybody interview with NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

barrelroll

I've seen plenty of posts try to get started about this. But nobody has really commented in depth about it.

Has anybody interviewed with NWA yet that wasn't an internal hire, ATI, or pre 9/11 hire? I haven't heard of anybody yet that has interviewed that didn't have some special situation or circumstance.

If so, can you tell us anything about the interview?

Thanks!

I've seen plenty of posts try to get started about this. But nobody has really commented in depth about it.

Has anybody interviewed with NWA yet that wasn't an internal hire, ATI, or pre 9/11 hire? I haven't heard of anybody yet that has interviewed that didn't have some special situation or circumstance.

If so, can you tell us anything about the interview?

Thanks!

Those that have, can't.

I've spoken with a few, and PM'd with a couple here.

It's an interview. No surprises. No tricks. No geek-level technical questions. Be yourself. Breathe.

Does anyone know how to insert a internal rec once that box on the profile went away?? What can pilots to to write one?

I have an interview coming up. No internal and no was not interviewed prior to 9/11. I haven't heard any gouge myself. Just have what I was told over the phone, guess I'll find out next week. Till then, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck

speaking of aviationinterviews.com.....

Check out what I found on aviationinterviews.com:

Date of interview: October 23, 2007 Date interview was submitted: September 07, 2007 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 6800 PIC flight time: 4500 PIC TURBINE flight time: 4500 Instrument flight time: 1000 Total multi engine flight time: 5500 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? no How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 1 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? no Are you a MEI? no Are you an ATP? yes Did you complete the ATP written? yes Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 3 weeks Do you have a college degree? 4 year Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? 121 What is your age? 32 What aircraft were you assigned? DC-9 If you were hired what is your training date? September 25, 2007

Interview experience:
The whole NWA hiring process has changed since they last hired in 2002. I entered my application within 24 hours of them opening up their window. The application website was very short with a window to attach your actual resume. Since they are just getting their hiring program up and running, I am guessing that the online application will become more sophisticated as they get organized. I received a phone call for a very simple phone interview in which I was asked simple things that were just confirming what was already on my resume. They asked me if I was ever arrested and if I have ever failed an FAA check-ride. The phone interview was mostly just a get to know you kind of thing. I was asked when I was available to come to MSP for an interview. I gave them some dates and was asked to come in for an interview. The days of the "three phase interview process" are over. The interview is now a one day process. I arrived at the NWA headquarters early in the morning. There were 4 candidates interviewed that day but I only met my one partner. We were immediatly brought to seperate rooms in order to review the sim profile for the 747. The profile includes takeoff and landing configurations with various speed bugs and flap settings. We were allowed 30 minutes to review the profile. We turned in our logbooks for review and they kept them for the remainder of the day. I had prepared for the 747 with a professional interview prep service which was very helpful but definately not needed and very expensive. The sim was pretty straight forward. We were put on the runway and given takeoff clearance to intercept a radial. Some basic climb/speed/level flight type instructions. We intercepted a radial and then entered a hold on a different radial. We exited the hold for vectors to and ILS. The sim instructor was very helpful and the profile is very basic. The sim was 30 minutes per candidate and we were allowed to pick which seat we wanted to fly from. They seemed to be looking for CRM, basic flying skills, coordination, and situational awareness. After the sim was over, we were given very little feedback as to how we performed (although we both felt pretty good about our performance). Then there was a full hour of reviewing our documents. Applications, PRIA forms, Drug testing forms, previous employment and residential information, copies of all certificates and passports were reviewed. Fingerprinting was next on the agenda. I had a break before my panel interview and I spent the break in the cafeteria where many pilots and other NWA employees talked to me and were very curious about the hiring process. The panel interview was with 2 pilots and one HR representative. The panel interview lasted about 1 hour with many scenerio type questions. Tell me about a time when....... conflicts with supervisor and subordinates, emergencies you have experienced, policies you have disagreed with, etc. I read some interview preperation type books and found them helpful in putting together my scnerio stories. I was prepared for some very technical questions but they never really asked anything too technical but other candidates were asked them. I would recommend an interview and sim prep service if you have the time and money. The final step was a drug test at the local clinic. The whole process lasted 7 hours. I was treated very well and felt very comfortable during the entire day. I met many HR type people and many pilot type people throughout the day. All of them were very friendly and nobody played the good cop bad cop game. I was told that they would contact me in the next 6 days. They offered me a job on the DC-9 and I start ground school very soon. Good Luck

Do you mean NWA makes you sign a covenant not to report on your experience in an interview? I thought brothers/sisters in aviation helped each other. It is all part of the system. (i.e. www.aviationinterviews.com) Need I say more.

I understand that a few have posted their experiences anonymously. I also understand a few pilots have exceeded an assigned speed on final.

Of course now that they have seen that the information is out, the interview will be changed. I am honing up on stuff in case.

Hopefully I will get a call....

Check out what I found on aviationinterviews.com:

Date of interview: October 23, 2007
Date interview was submitted: September 07, 2007
Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes ...
If you were hired what is your training date? September 25, 2007

That's pretty cool! To be hired and in class nearly 4 weeks BEFORE your interview.

Latest resources

Back