Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did I upset you?

Hi Bent Over--

Thanks for your response. I was wondering when the old "uphill both ways" thing was gonna pop up. I guess I really should've known better and, truth be told, I layed it on a little thick.

I guess you could say I've grown to have an averse reaction to whining primadonna types.

As with the original poster you don't offer much info about yourself but your assumed posture indicates a certain willingness to receive all sorts of indignities.

Please, if you will, regale us with your "story".

How did you become Ben Dover?

mar,
You're an alright dude! I was half expecting to get my ass chewed off.

Here's my deal. I'm a cynic by nature. And though I try to keep my mouth shut, sometimes I just can't help myself.

Regarding the user ID, I'm a Chevy Chase fan. Wasn't he Ben Dover in Fletch? I can't remember. Anyway, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Yes I was furloughed post 9/11 from a good regional. After sitting for a while, I was hired by another top notch regional. I am a low timer and managed to leap frog many a bad job endured by others such as yourself.

To those who pursue aviation careers in such times as we are in, or similar times past, I salute you.

As for the original subject: Though I am lucky to have the job I do, I don't feel the excitement and energy from being a pilot that I did prior to 9/11.

Cheers,
Ben Dover

Latest resources

Back