Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LAZYB

Time wounds all heels.
People seemed to like this place, I'll be there 3 weeks (initial & Int'l school).

What is there to do close by, or where the courtesy van will take you?

Any, "can't miss", things to do or see?

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CAR.

That place is in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere to walk anyway.

There's free beer nightly and a really good breakfast buffet.

The shuttle will take you across the street to the big Harvey, or to DFW. That's about it I think.

Definitely

Your gonna need a car. Because you are not going to want to have to sit at FS during your hour long lunch break or sit around for an hour waiting for the hotel to pick you up..

That being said, on Fri, Sat & Sun there is a BBQ place in Euless called North Main BBQ. Only three days they are open and it's all you can eat for $12.99. And it is awesome BBQ http://jdsworld.com:81/northmain.htm for phone number and address.

Take a drive over to the other side and visit CAE Simulfight and see what a really nice facility looks like. Their cafe beats FS hands down. They will also make luggage tags for your for free if you drop off a half dozen biz cards with the girls at the desk.

Also, go and tour the American Airlines museum at their training facility on the south side of the airport. Pretty cool. Catch happy hour at the Embassy Suites while on the south end. Flight attendants lay over there.

Billy Bob's in Fort Worth is a HUGE complex with bull riding right in the bar. Named country acts play here. Lot's of "fillys" and I don't mean baseball fans.

If you are lucky enough to be there when Alliance has their annual airshow, that's always fun. There is also an air museum at Meachum Field.

The Dallas Gun Club has some of the finest sporting clays facilities I have ever seem. See if the Admiral can get you in. By all means, take your golf clubs.

As posted above, the Harvey is located in the boonies on the north side of the airport. I believe I spent just over $800 for the three weeks that I had the car during my 3 weeks of initial; company reimbursed. Which aircraft are you training in?

Man can not live on sim sessions alone. It's Beer, Broads and BBQ.

Last edited:
Hey

Harvey Suites didn't cut it. Moved to Mariott Courtyard S.

Luckily not at FSI. Bombardier LR-45XR. Cafe, next door, is sweet.

Thanks for the input guys. :D

The guys that think Main Street BBQ is good....must be smoking crack

Latest resources

Back