• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How to tell a Tech fan from a UGA fan

How to tell a Tech fan from a UGA fan

Mark Bradley--AJC link to column

This marks the fifth annual installment of our Field Guide to Georgia and Tech Fans. In the newspaper biz, something that lasts five years is generally referred to as "a popular feature." That's not the case here. Both sides hate this equally. So why do I keep doing it? Because I aim to displease.

Georgia fans are eager to learn which bowl will invite their team. Tech fans are afraid they know which bowl will invite their team.

Georgia fans boo their school's president on sight. Tech fans keep getting their school's president mixed up with the guy who used to direct the pep band.

Georgia fans get really excited when David Pollack jumps up and down. Tech fans get really excited when David Pollack jumps offsides.

Georgia fans wouldn't mind seeing Mark Richt hire an offensive coordinator. Tech fans wouldn't mind seeing Chan Gailey hire only one offensive coordinator.

With the success of the last two seasons, Georgia fans believe theirs is the best program in the 12-team SEC. With expansion at hand, Tech fans are fearful theirs will be the 10th-best program in the 12-team ACC.

Events of the past five months have led Georgia fans to realize how much they love Vince Dooley. Events of the past five months have reminded Tech fans how much they've hated Vince Dooley all along.

The Georgia fan's least favorite academician: Jan Kemp. The Tech fan's least favorite academician: Carol Moore.

Georgia fans couldn't believe their team trailed Vanderbilt after 30 minutes. Tech fans couldn't believe their team trailed Vanderbilt after 59 minutes.

Georgia fans think their defensive coordinator is underpaid. A month ago, Tech fans were thinking their defensive coordinator was underpaid.

The Georgia fan's unsung hero of the last 12 months: Musa Smith. The Tech fan's unsung hero of the last 20 years: Moose Stamus.

Georgia fans were apoplectic Vince Dooley didn't get a contract extension. Tech fans would be apoplectic if Dave Braine got a contract extension.

The Georgia fan's recurring nightmare: Ron Zook! The Tech fan's recurring nightmare: Ted Roof!

Georgia fans get really emotional when the lone trumpeter stands in the Sanford Stadium upper deck and plays "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." Tech fans get really emotional when somebody wearing gold sits in the new upper deck of Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Georgia fans were peeved their team managed 13 points against Florida. Tech fans were proud their team managed 13 points against Florida State.

Georgia fans aren't sure why their team won't use the toss sweep. Tech fans aren't sure why their team won't use Damarius Bilbo.

Georgia fans are starting to miss D.J. Shockley. Tech fans will never miss A.J. Suggs.

The Georgia fan's least favorite distant locale: Costa Rica. The Tech fan's least favorite distant locale: Boise, Idaho.

Georgia fans were a little disappointed their team stopped scoring in the fourth quarter of last year's Tech game. Tech fans were more than a little disappointed their team stopped playing in the first quarter of last year's Georgia game.

The Georgia fan's favorite football fox: Jill Arrington. The Tech fan's favorite football Fox: Keyaron.

Georgia fans are unhappy with the quality of seats they were given for Saturday's game. Tech fans are unhappy with the quantity of seats Georgia fans have gotten for Saturday's game.

Georgia fans are convinced Mark Richt knows the answer. Tech fans aren't yet convinced Chan Gailey understood the question.

YOUR TURN
Tech wins because ....
Revenge for last year 14% 1202
Home sweet home 1% 58
Gailey needs this win 1% 49
Reggie’s the man 85% 7523
Total Votes 8832

Georgia wins because...
Mark Richt at the helm 8% 1459
Defense, defense, defense 29% 5079
SEC title game on line 58% 10197
Uga can kick Buzz’s behind 5% 866
Total Votes 17601

Katanabob, about your avatar...don't use the flash next time! :D

bigD said:
OU SUCKS!

OU SUCKS!

OU SUCKS!

Wow!!! Watcha been drinking??? Hitting the 'nog a little early are we? ;) Or perhaps you've been on the sauce since Oct 11, 2003.... lest I remind you

65-13

I'm thinking it should be

TEXAS SUCKS

TEXAS SUCKS

TEXAS SUCKS
:D

Not an OU grad... just an OKC resident afraid of being lynched if I don't speak up and remind you of your spanking
:)

turning2 said:

Not an OU grad...

Of course you're not an OU grad - you're actually literate! I'll bet you have a full set of teeth, too! :D

Yes, we got whooped in football, but it doesn't matter. It's 12:33 am on Thanksgiving day and...

...OU STILL SUCKS!

It's the fans of OU that make me cringe. They make the Kentucky Wildcat basketball fans look sane.
UGA should be able to manhandle Insect Institute but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
How do you get a UGA grad off your front porch?

Pay him for the pizza.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back