Happy Jetting....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skidbuggy

No piece of @ss is worth your career.....

http://wbztv.com/local/pilot.crash.plane.2.1706861.html

BOSTON (WBZ) ―
pilot.jpg
Click to enlarge 1 of 1
WBZ

Close
ico016x014close_modal.gif

numSlides of totalImages

A JetBlue pilot threatened to crash the plane he was set to fly out of Logan Airport Thursday afternoon, a source has told WBZ NewsRadio 1030.

The pilot, who has not been identified, was taken into custody at Logan for allegedly sending an email to his girlfriend in which he said if they did not reconcile their relationship, he was going to crash the plane.

The officer was questioned by the FBI at the airport, and taken to a Boston hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

Authorities reportedly found the email on the pilot's phone.

A government officials familiar with the case says TSA agents and state police were called to "interview a pilot who indicated that he was unfit for duty. During the interview, the pilot voluntarily agreed to to depart the airport and seek appropriate care."

JetBlue released a statement at 8:35 p.m. saying that one of their pilots was removed for "health-related reasons."

Bryan Baldwin, manager of corporate communications for JetBlue, wrote in an email to WBZ-TV, "At no point were any customers or aircraft in danger. We are working closely with Boston authorities to ensure our crew member receives appropriate medical attention."

Baldwin said the company will not provide any additional details.

Airport officials confirmed the TSA and FAA are investigating.

(© MMX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved

Come on read the whole article man...

Naccara told WBZ Radio Friday the pilot did "exchange email with another person and we were alerted through various sources," but he denied the pilot threatened to crash his flight out of Logan.

"He never threatened crashing the aircraft. It was a situation in which he was threatening to take his own life and, in fact, his words were he may do it in 'some spectacular fashion' but not anything to do with the aircraft and no reference to crashing the aircraft or harming anyone else other than himself," he said.

Come on read the whole article man...

Naccara told WBZ Radio Friday the pilot did "exchange email with another person and we were alerted through various sources," but he denied the pilot threatened to crash his flight out of Logan.

"He never threatened crashing the aircraft. It was a situation in which he was threatening to take his own life and, in fact, his words were he may do it in 'some spectacular fashion' but not anything to do with the aircraft and no reference to crashing the aircraft or harming anyone else other than himself," he said.

He is still a stupid @-hole!!

HEY...Joblu!!! HOLD your F'n tongue!!!

Brother...c'mon man...Do NOT believe anything you here in the news. First of all, I KNOW this guy...flown with him several times, had many-a-beer in the past as well. No WAY this is fact.

Secondly, I was chatting with a CP while a bunch of us were in a "solve the world issues" session in the JFK crew lounge during a productivity break...someone brought up the question about this. He said without hesitation that NOTHING of what was said is true....NOTHING. Maybe 1% has some weight to it.

before you start mud slinging...wait till the real story comes out. When I first heard his name...I knew immediately that the story had to be all screwed up courtesy of your local news stations trying to get ratings.

All it takes is one irate girlfriend to threaten your job. It happens all the time. I have seen it played with pilot friends of mine. Let's give him the benefit of a doubt on this one while they investigate the situation.

I flew with a guy at XJT who's crazy X-BEEEEEATch, called the feds and said he would fly his plane into a city. yea, she ended up going to jail for multiple crimes. Here's afew; forgery, pergery, animal cruelty, grand theft, the list was long. His life was not the same. Only takes one. Watch the playground you choose to play in!

Spelling is not my forte, esspecially after a 6pack.

Latest resources

Back