• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy holidays from Airtran Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes if it is your bag....I T I S Y O U R B A G!!!! No way can they search your private bag period. If Dick Cheney became president then perhaps, but for now he isn't.

Think what you like, and blame it on whatever politician makes you feel most comfortable, but this is perfectly legal. Go buy an hour of some lawyer's time, and he or she will tell you exactly the same thing.

The first time I encoutered this was back when I worked for a major retail store during the holidays. Each and every employee leaving their shift had all their bags searched for merchandise when clocking out-a "spot check" is what it was called. The girls had to empty everything out of their purses, pretty much the whole 9 yards. Mgmt. even looked in our jacket pockets.

We all thought this was pretty crappy, and someone went down to the state labor department and actually talked to one of their lawyers.... This person made it pretty clear that this was not "illegal search and seizure" since this was not a criminal case.... He pretty much said they can fire anyone for anthing they wish in our state as long as it is not discriminatory based on age, race , gayness, etc. etc. We found out that these searches are really not all that uncommon. Some places which work with valuable jewelry even make employees change into and out of company clothes at the beginning and end of a shift.

So go and blame Dick Cheny for whatever crazy stuff you wish, but these guys have absolutely no case if they were terminated for having stolen materials.

-Crappy, but 100% legal.

Airtran's the mesa of the non-regionals. It's like working at a regional....but with bigger and equally as shiny planes.
WTFO? Do you even work here? Nobody is as bad as MESA; maybe with the exception of AmeriJet.

You obviously are well-informed about MESA. So how about just staying over there on the Regionals forum. I'm sure you'll be the first in line to attempt to get into the Majors when Airtran starts hiring again. Let us battle the "best management team in the industry". You just sit there, take notes, and keep throwin' stones. You're making a real good name for yourself already.

Relief Tube never misses a pot shot at AirTran. Think he must have been turned down here, seems like sour grapes. Think he works at Republic.

Damn..I'm glad that I don't fly passengers anymore!! They cater our plane for the crew and what is put on can be taken to the hotel.

Yes if it is your bag....I T I S Y O U R B A G!!!! No way can they search your private bag period. If Dick Cheney became president then perhaps, but for now he isn't.

I'd vote for Dick Cheney for president. He's a helluva lot better than that disgrace in the white house now.

Airtran's the mesa of the non-regionals. It's like working at a regional....but with bigger and equally as shiny planes.
The pilots might have sjs, but airtran and mesa have the dirtiest looking planes, and mesa has the dirtiest on the inside also

How do all those Atlanta employees even make it past the criminal background checks?
Once they make it past the background check, these ATL employees produce the best arrive with bags rates in the country. Largest LCC hub in the world and lowest fulltime employees per aircraft ratio in the industry doesn't seem like the formula to get good bag arrival rates but it works for Airtran in the ATL.

Latest resources

Back