• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
I would just like to say to everyone,

HAPPY FRIGGIN NEW YEAR!

We just found out that we're going to be parents, so this year we have a reason to celebrate, so hoist one high, find some liquid love, and lets all bring the new year in right.

I would just like to say to everyone,

HAPPY FRIGGIN NEW YEAR!

We just found out that we're going to be parents, so this year we have a reason to celebrate, so hoist one high, find some liquid love, and lets all bring the new year in right.

Congrats!! I just found out that we are going to be parents too..

We know everything - we're adopting from overseas. We got THE CALL monday giving us all of her deets:

Name - Yi Xiao Li (Yee Tsiao Lee)
POB - Yijiang Province, PRC
DOB - 06JUN2008

A little girl who already has her dad wrapped very tightly around her little finger...

I'm 41, my wife is 44, and this is the first child for the both of us, so we're both a little stoked - 2009 gonna be a good year.

Her new name will be Madeline Li - Maddie for short...

Last edited:
I'm in my mid-30's and have no wife or kids, let alone any close family (Holidays are mostly spent by myself). Maybe one day, but I'm a bit too immature to take on the responsibilty of raising a family. I can barely keep myself financially afloat at times.

Good luck with your little girl. Now get those parenting books cracked open! :)

From what I've heard, in NYC, they have pre-pre-school and one requires the toddler to take entrance exams to be placed into this pre-pre-school. Insane. But these kids tend to have a leg up on everyone else when they begin grade school.

BTW, if you want your daughter to get ahead (who doesn't), make sure to ruin their summers. Well sort of. It's been shown that kids who periodically study during the summer retain more and score higher on exams. Perhaps some tutoring during these months.

As long as she doesnt pursue a career in commercial aviation, she can do anything she pleases.

I'm about only half joking however, with her demographics, asian-heritage female, she could probably go anywhere she wants...

Latest resources

Back