• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Handheld GPS recommendation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the replies. I was looking pretty seriously at the Garmin 92, and think i'll go for that model. It has a little more than what I need, but I know I'll appreciate that later on. Now if I can just find a decent used one.......

I really like the Garmin GPS III Pilot because you can orient it sideways and set it on the glareshield. This also helps it get good reception. I've seen a lot of people flying around with other units attached with clamps on the yolk and wires going everywhere. This would drive me nuts. I like a clean work area. You can pick them up used for around $300. Good luck.

I'll second.. or third..whatever for the GPS III by Garmin. I've had it for a year and it is small, lasts 18-20 hours on 4 AA's (if you don't use te backlighting too much), and contains everything and more that you might need. If you have a AOPA credit card you can order it from Sporty's for $450 brand new or buy it used for about $300. All you'll ever need-lots of detail, every intersection, all about the airports, and database is updatable for $35 online. Good luck!

Blue Skies

I am happy with my Lowrance Airmap 100. Price just dropped on MarvGolden.com

Read more details of the product at lowrance.com

- AZPilot

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back