• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

H/R e-mail for USA3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently Apple has recently sold 49% of USA3000 to an outside group and there is now a Board of Directors. This was revealed by Steve Harfst at a recent training department meeting.

Still plans are to continue to shrink even further.

Question, who would invest in an airline for the purpose of shrinking it?

Apparently Apple has recently sold 49% of USA3000 to an outside group and there is now a Board of Directors. This was revealed by Steve Harfst at a recent training department meeting.

Still plans are to continue to shrink even further.

Question, who would invest in an airline for the purpose of shrinking it?

Hang in there buddy... who would invest in a company to SHRINK it? As we heard long ago... The current lease payments are much higher than what they might currently get so it makes sence to get rid of those and replace with something else.

It is painful right now, i just got back from working construction.... But it makes buisness sence..... I think there is enough substance to the current rumors for me to be optimistic about the LONG term.

I just wish we still had acess to the CO web site so I could keep studying....

Anywhoo. Its way overdue for beer30...
CHEERS...
Take care.
Joe.

IF, what you say is true and we rebrand as EAL.

They will want start up rates with stock options, they will try to renegotiate the contract.

They will also have to rebrand and likely start small, 4 or 5 aircraft, not like Independence.

Furloughing down to 50 to 60 is a good way to start from a business perspective and instill fear in the top folks, there are not many contracts for those TACA and Ryan guys to pick up right now.

Hopefully I will be recalled in a year or so,

Until then chilling in KZ :))

My thoughts exactly. However I do think working on the DoD contracts and ETOPS certification means they are trying to make the airline attractive to sell and they are not just planning on shutting it down. There are some fun, although admittedly far fetched, rumors out there as well.

DOD?

Widebodies?

Trying to recreate NAA?

Latest resources

Back