Gulstream II training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

anon

Would anyone care to share their experiences and advice regarding GII training at Flightsafety or CAE in Dallas?

The G-II and G-III sims have been removed from the FSI Savannah facility and training for those aircraft is no longer offered at that location.

FWIW, for G-II I'd go to Simuflite Dallas but that's just me.

I just finished G-III recurrent at FS in DFW. The instructors there do not have any experience in the actual airplane, so their knowledge is limited to what is on the power point slides. Not sure if the SimuFlite instructors have any aircraft experience, but I do know the FS guys do not.

N2F

I just finished the G-III inital with the II differences at Simuflite Dallas.. The instructers are way better than FSI cuz of thier time in airplanes. The III sim is way better than the II. Tough two weeks + 1 day differeences but it was way worth it. My first jet and I passed the 135 ride no problem. good luck PM me with questions

I did my GII initial at Simuflite 2 years ago and have returned 3 times since for GII and GIII recurrent and have found both the ground and sim instuctors to be excelent. I had Kane Roosevelt for GIII ground last time and he gave one of the best classes ever.

I just finished G-III recurrent at FS in DFW. The instructors there do not have any experience in the actual airplane, so their knowledge is limited to what is on the power point slides. Not sure if the SimuFlite instructors have any aircraft experience, but I do know the FS guys do not.

N2F
its always nice to have practical experience in the jet - i would never say otherwise. when in a training environment, the focus is to train to a level of proficiency when flying the sim and passing the checkride. G1159 DFW FSI is a new program. but just like anywhere some of the instructors have actual experience in the jet and some do not... probably the same at simuflite. it just depends who you get as an instructor. for what its worth. i've trained guys in the sim who have tons of time in the actual airplane and there knowledge of the aircraft was extremely poor and their flying skills were subpar at best.

I did my G1159 type out in Long Beach a year ago at FSI the instructors were knowledgeable and had flown the aircraft. Chuck was my ground school instructor and he made the systems a breeze to understand, not to say you still have to put some time in studying. I have been back for recurrent and had equally good results the GII sim was updated with new visuals a few years ago and makes it a better sim than the III.

Latest resources

Back