• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstreams At Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend of mine who flies for them said they are pretty flat when it comes to hiring right now. I had spoken with him a few months ago.

Regards

No pilots have been let go. Growth has been pretty flat for the past year and a half. Supposed to hire around 25-30 before the end of the year. This is driven by four new deliveries scheduled before Jan 05 (2 G-400s and 2 G-550s). Starting pay is around 66-67K without a G rating, low 70K with.

NJIG4DRIVER,
Is the 5000 total time a hard requirement? I've seen EJI ads quoting their pilots having a minimum of 5K or better. Wondering if it would exclude someone with low total time, but a couple of G-ratings and good time in type. Thanks.

Best regards,

Gpilot

I don't think anything posted is a hard requirement. There seem to be exceptions to every "rule". I've seen guys get hired here with no jet time and less than 4000 total, if you know the right people. For somebody who's not a special case, I think they look at the quality of experience more than a number. That's my opinion based on what I've seen. If you average the whole pilot groups flight time, I'm sure it's well above 5000 hours.

How long to Captain? Are there enough G-rated people out there to preclude hiring someone without a rating? Thanks for the info, NJI!TC

Hard to say right now about upgrade time. I wouldn't expect anything before 5 years for a new hire now, maybe longer. There are a lot of older guys at the top of the pack. We have around 230 pilots on staff right now and around 50 are over 60 yrs old. There will be a fair amount of turnover in the next 5 years I would imagine. This isn't the easiest kind of work for a young guy, let alone 60 plus. As for the G ratings, not a requirement.

Everyone remember, EJM is a "Management Company." If an aircraft comes onboard, they hire. No union, customer driven. They are a totally different entity than the fractional side.

NJIG4Driver,

I have been interested in EJI for quite some time but have never made any progress. A few questions for you:

1. Is it true that newhires can be placed in the GV as well - and are they separate pilot lists (no cross-qualification)?

2. What percentage of your time is spent flying international?

3. What's the most exotic destination you've hit in the GIV for EJI?

4. Lastly, how often do you hit the glamorous places like Hawaii in a month or are you flying transcon most often?

I continue to hold out hope that I will get an interview someday with EJI - that would be one of my top choices.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back