GVFlyer

GULFSTREAM TO BE FEATURED ON HGTV'S "HIGH FLYING HOMES":
Next month Gulfstream will be featured on Home & Garden Television
(HGTV) in a special presentation called "High Flying Homes." The first
airing -- which is a condensed version because of HGTV's Rose Bowl
coverage that day -- will be Jan. 1, 2007 at 2 p.m. Full-length airings
will be Jan. 14 at 9 p.m., Jan. 15 at 1 a.m. and Jan. 21 at 5 p.m. (all times
are Eastern). The one-hour show highlights "top-of-the-line personalized
aircraft" and includes interviews with several Gulfstream employees.
The Gulfstream footage was filmed at the Savannah facility in March.

GV

SAV did a heck of a job on our 450. Really nice. (As opposed to the "personal designer" who did one of the 550's... :rolleyes: )

Now, if they can just get our GPS to work right (instead of going to "DEGRADE" and turning the CDI yellow! :eek: ).

They should do the show in a Global Express (because of the cabin). Or better yet, a BBJ. I guess a wide angle lens can make the 550 look big. :)

They should do the show in a Global Express (because of the cabin). Or better yet, a BBJ. I guess a wide angle lens can make the 550 look big. :)

You turncoat! If they hear of your treachery in SAV, they'll take away your FSI Free Doughnut Club card... :eek: TC

I can see the film crew drouling over the 450..........

Until they ask the pilots to start the APU up and it wont!

Sorry GVflyer, but I've flown 6 different 450's. Everyone of them had more broken crap on them, they suck! But thats just a personal opinion that doesnt count for poop.

But one of them looks nice with the duck tape holding the Lav door frame together.

:bawling:

GVFlyer said:
You oughta fly with a better class of (less destructive) passengers...GV

You are somewhat correct about that. So I wont argue that point. However, the 450 has so many bugs on it, its likes "Dealers Choice" every single time you start one up. Ive flown all the 550's and they dont have as many of the same problems.

Example:

Got in a 450 in IAD (had less than 100 hours on it), got the APU on line and the fuel indicators showed 7000pds total, with 3600 in the right tank . Yet the right low fuel level warning light was on and would not go out. Several breakers later, and a total shut down and restart, it decided it would now work.... So we fly to CMH. We load paxs and head to TEB. As soon as we close the main cabin door, the right ECS PACK goes Tango Uniform. Just quits, no reason. We MEL the thing, go to TEB. Shut the plane down and just for sh*ts and giggles we start it back up.... Guess what was working?

Those planes need a CTRL-ALT-DEL button.

And lets not even talk about the, hum... little engine problem RR had.

I'll take a V classic or a IV anyday.

WPP--Do you guys have a Remote Temp button in the cockpit? We have that on one of the 550's and it causes ALL kinds of problems. We get the 'R ACS Fail' a lot--gotta pull a couple of CB's to get it back.

Like I said, our GPS is F'ed up in the 450--BAD! When it goes, you get a GPS 1/2 Unreliable message in the FMS. A little later it may come back OR you get a RNP of up to 3.4 and the CDI goes yellow and, for navigation purposes, you become a DC9. :eek: It doesn't degrade to using DME/DME or VOR/VOR or even FMS only--it just takes a $h!t.

Honeywell knows about it but it's the holidays and, besides, everything went back to normal--eventually, right? Yeah. Right... :rolleyes: TC

Latest resources

Back