• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream stigmatism

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you mean the airplane or the "airline"?

mvspring said:
Is there a stigmatism towards Gulfstream, if so, what is it?

Shouldn't this be on a "medical issues" board?:D

Main Entry: astig·ma·tism
Pronunciation: &-'stig-m&-"ti-z&m
Function: noun
1 : a defect of an optical system (as a lens) causing rays from a point to fail to meet in a focal point resulting in a blurred and imperfect image
2 : a defect of vision due to astigmatism of the refractive system of the eye and especially to corneal irregularity
3 : distorted understanding suggestive of the blurred vision of an astigmatic person

Main Entry: stig·ma
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural stig·ma·ta/stig-'mä-t&, 'stig-m&-t&/; or stig·mas
Etymology: Latin stigmat-, stigma mark, brand, from Greek, from stizein to tattoo -- more at [size=-1]STICK[/size]
1 a archaic : a scar left by a hot iron : [size=-1]BRAND[/size] b : a mark of shame or discredit : [size=-1]STAIN[/size] c : an identifying mark or characteristic; specifically : a specific diagnostic sign of a disease
2 a stigmata plural : bodily marks or pains resembling the wounds of the crucified Christ and sometimes accompanying religious ecstasy b : [size=-1]PETECHIA[/size]
3 a : a small spot, scar, or opening on a plant or animal b : the usually apical part of the pistil of a flower which receives the pollen grains and on which they germinate -- see [size=-1]FLOWER [/size]illustration

Stigmatism... All the Gulfstreams do have nice lines. To many people they are just what a jet airplane should look like.

mvspring said:
No...but I think some people find it ludicrust that those guys tend to their angina's way too much.

sqwkvfr said:
Shouldn't this be on a "medical issues" board?:D

I like how you included the definition for astigmatism, which is a DIFFERENT word!

By the way.....

Stigma: a long-lasting mark or stain on one's character or reputation, esp. of disgrace or reproach.

b82rez said:
I like how you included the definition for astigmatism, which is a DIFFERENT word!

Because it's obvious --at least to most of us-- that someone has confused the word "stigma" with the word "astigmatism" or "stigmatism."

Regardless, he included it in his original post. To wit:
mvspring said:
Is there a stigmatism towards Gulfstream

It's a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

Last edited:
mvspring said:

As a Wolfpack/Amato/Rivers fan I'll tell you Gulfstream is PFT.
I'm not 121 so I can't say if there is a "stigma" attached to G-stream.
I would go with plan B. I would not want G-stream on my resume.
Good luck.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
No...but I think some people find it ludicrust that those guys tend to their angina's way too much.

Do you mean "man-gina"? As in "Deuce Bigelow"?

You prob'ly right. Them Gulfstream guys with them mangingas is the hardest workin' he-ho's in my he-b!tch stable.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back