• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Or Mesa???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would go to neither. Plenty of airlines are hiring at 600/100 right now. I would go to Coex or Republic.

If you absolutely must choose between those two - I would go to Gulfstream as PIC. Better to go to Big Sky or Colgan as PIC if you can. Big Sky is hiring 1900 PICs out of Boston - you'll get better instrument time.

I was at chicago express for nearly 3 years, it was like a bad case of gohnaherpasiphalaids. itching ooozing discharge with a bit of a rash i couldn't seem to get rid of.... then it killed itself.

Go to GIA decent contract for a 1900.... youll get the 1000 pic in about a year and Spirit hires alot of GIA guys... Unlike Mesa you know where you will be based and stay there

Go with whats Best for you

I fly for GIA and can say is if you want to stay around FL, log PIC fast and have a blast doing it, then its not too bad. Training is longer than most, easily 3 months at FO pay and a pain, but once on the line its not too bad at all. Pay isnt the best for 1900 Capts, but better than Mesa and Great Lakes for 1900 drivers. We have a 2:1 duty rig also and most pilots break guarentee unless they dont work at all during the month. With attrition holding a line out of IOE is not too difficult unless you are in Miami or Ft Lauderdale where you will be reserve for a while. Mesa's 1900 op maynot be around for much longer anyway. The pilots you fly with are not too bad, mostly laid back. The 250 hr pilots you fly with are not all bad, some are but not all. Honestly if you have 2000/500ME Mesaba is hiring street capts also, better equipment, better pay and potential upgrade into jets and NWA. Hope this helps.

Gulfstream if you have to choose between the two. That said, I like the idea of Big Sky out of Boston on the 1900D (PIC position) or Mesaba if you qualify. Get away from Mesa. Most pilots are not happy there for a reason...

Latest resources

Back