Gulfstream (off the street captain)

RightTraffic

Total Time
I heard the GIA is hiring captains off the street these days. Would it be a good idea to try to get on ? I know that there is some negative things out there about their PFT deal which does not exist anymore but if you did not go through that program, could it still impact your chances of getting hired some place else?

KeroseneSnorter

Robust Member
Total Time
Miller
I doubt it. There are many here that would disagree, but I know a guy that went that route and it has never affected him. After furloughs and stuff he is at his second Major airline and fourth heavy jet job. No one has ever mentioned the PFT thing in any of his interviews. I give him crap about it from time to time over a cold beer though!!! :)

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
The FO PFT thing is still going there actually. Aside from that, you could do worse than GIA. Their IBT contract is pretty decent for a small 1900 operator. You'll get a decent amount of days off once you get off reserve. At least that's how it used to be. It's been a few years, but I doubt it's changed that much. Hard days when you work, but most lines had 15 days off or so. Good luck.

Checkin' On

Total Time
Does anyone have more recent information if GSA is hiring street captains? If so, what are the contact points?

Grats...

C

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Don't forget to have your instructor rating current.

Captjiggles

Total Time
Fatazz,

Weren't you the one that got "teabagged" in Key West?

fatazz

Total Time
I think you have me mistaken with the guy that went to continental. Tell your mom hello for me.

Paladin

Got Quattro?
Total Time
Lots
GrnClvrs said:
Don't bother applying at Gulf$tream. Colgan is getting all their routes from CO in the spring.
SOURCE?