Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
How can you file for bankruptcy when your FO's pay you?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Gulfstream-International-apf-497108901.html?x=0&.v=1

Gulfstream International Files For Chapter 11

Gulfstream International files for bankruptcy protection, citing fuel prices and lower traffic

On Thursday November 4, 2010, 4:51 pm EDT

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- Gulfstream International Group Inc., which operates a regional feeder airline and an aviation training school, said on Thursday that it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The company said its flights would continue as scheduled. It operates 23 Beech propeller planes that carry 19 passengers. The flights generally connect smaller towns to larger airports, many of them for United Continental Holdings Inc.

Gulfstream said the filing was prompted by borrowing in recent years "to cope with consistently high fuel costs and the economic impact of declining traffic," which made it difficult to pay its debts. CEO David Hackett said in a prepared statement that it has received "strong interest from a number of investment sources" but they all wanted the company to restructure its debt before they invest.

In June 2009 the Federal Aviation Administration said it would seek a $1.3 million civil penalty against Gulfstream's airline, saying it violated regulations on how many hours pilots and dispatchers can work, and improperly maintained equipment.

The airline said at the time that the problem was confusing records and not broken rules. It settled with the FAA for $550,000 in July. Gulfstream spokesman Bruce Hicks said the fine was not a factor in the bankruptcy filing.

Gulfstream also came under scrutiny last year because the pilot of a Colgan Air flight that crashed into a house in Buffalo in February 2009 had trained at Gulfstream's academy and flown for Gulfstream's airline before joining Colgan.

The bankruptcy filing in the Southern District of Florida covers the parent company as well as the airline and Gulfstream Training Academy Inc. The company said it employs about 600 people, and does not expect any layoffs because of the filing.

Gulfstream shares lost most of their remaining value after the bankruptcy filing. After closing on Wednesday at 55 cents, they fell 39 cents to close at 16 cents.

F'EM I hope they drown..... And If you paid for your training other than initial, your a F'n sucker....

Last edited:
The market cap for GIA as of closing yesterday was $598k. That's right. You could have bought an airline for LESS THAN the average priced home in a decent neighborhood. Who's in??!!

I think there was a pilot with the stink of Gulfstream on both the Lexington, KY (dude, where's my runway) and another recent regional wreck aside from Coogan's Bluff Air.

Who cares! Put it on the regional board.

Cheeta, I don't understand your way of thinking. Who cares what board it's on. Your statement implies that the goings-on in the regional world have no effect on the major world... therefore, it should not be discussed here. Are you serious with that mindset? Who cares? I do. They're part of the reason that pay and QOL has been decimated at the major level. I'm glad to see them suffer. They're a scumbag outfit.

Cheeta, I don't understand your way of thinking. Who cares what board it's on. Your statement implies that the goings-on in the regional world have no effect on the major world... therefore, it should not be discussed here. Are you serious with that mindset? Who cares? I do. They're part of the reason that pay and QOL has been decimated at the major level. I'm glad to see them suffer. They're a scumbag outfit.

And all the morons that paid to sit in the right seat. And they wonder why the pay sucks.

Latest resources

Back