• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Captain in Tulsa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was interested in what model Gulfstream it was...so I did a registration search for L-3 Communications...and the search engine returned 24 aircraft registered to them(the search engine kept having errors at that point, meaning there were more it didn't return). Many were Lear 30 series aircraft, some in Restricted and some in Experimental category. What does this company do?

L3

I believe L3 is owned by Raytheon. Lots of black projects. Thet have several B757's that are all over the world for various "need to know" type of missions.

If it's the L-3 I'm thinking of, they have lears pulling targets on a DOD contract out of the Northfolk area, similar to Phoenix Air. Not sure what else they have going on though.
No luck on findingg the CP's name or number for Aramco. I sent the a resume a few years ago and have yet to hear anything. I must of tossed the info.
Good luck.

Aramco

Daveman said:
If it's the L-3 I'm thinking of, they have lears pulling targets on a DOD contract out of the Northfolk area, similar to Phoenix Air. Not sure what else they have going on though.
No luck on findingg the CP's name or number for Aramco. I sent the a resume a few years ago and have yet to hear anything. I must of tossed the info.
Good luck.

ARAMCO put a new Boeing 767-200ER into service within the last nine or ten months. Had a friend that interviewed, including a sim ride. He did not get hired and I don't believe they hired anyone. There was an issue about the age 60 factror, but I think that they recinded that policy and therefore that freed up some guys who were set up to retire. Have another friend that did the Boeing Line Assists with the guys and he was very impressed with the whole operation. The aircraft is pretty much dedicated to the Saudi Oil Minister, so there is an abundent amount of time spent in the Middle East.

FracCapt said:
I was interested in what model Gulfstream it was...so I did a registration search for L-3 Communications...and the search engine returned 24 aircraft registered to them(the search engine kept having errors at that point, meaning there were more it didn't return). Many were Lear 30 series aircraft, some in Restricted and some in Experimental category. What does this company do?

Aeromet Inc. is the company bought by L-3 last year (I believe). They do special mission aircraft modifications and operations. Mainly atmospheric research and surveyliance (sp?) (airborne camera platforms) and involving electronics.

if its the one based at RVS i see it all the time. some government work i guess.

Latest resources

Back